Life

I have been ill since i was 31,disabled and life changing injuries about 12 yrs ago,ongoing struggle with those injuries

My advice is to take oppurtunities and risks,always have a plan b and do what makes you happy

You really never know if or when something bad will hit

im in relative good health but every knock and every pull takes its toll now. Bit of a bad back and being self employed it was just time to call it a day. Only last december. But i miss ‘proper’ 11 a side football so much and i look at team photos from 18 years old and its yesterday! I played open age from 15-42 so i absolutely smashed it. I could never understand lads quitting at 26 because theyd met a girl or something. They ALL say they wish theyd carried on
I played at an ok level till I was about 35 and only cause my legs went did I stop. Loved the crack, the experiences, mates and kept me fit. Now I watch city, do stuff with the kids and generally have no regrets about when I stopped which is how it should be.

I played at an ok level till I was about 35 and only cause my legs went did I stop. Loved the crack, the experiences, mates and kept me fit. Now I watch city, do stuff with the kids and generally have no regrets about when I stopped which is how it should be.
Exactly! I was ready to call it a day. I miss it but dont hanker after it because its gone. My point being, just do it as long as you can!

What a crazy roulette of oppurtunities, missed oppurtinities, good luck and bad luck.
I grew up as probably the poorest kid in my group of friends , half of my mates are dead, some doing well, some not so well. Some healthy, some not...how the fuck am I 55 years old, I think like a 20 year old, the body wears out, sometimes the mind...enjoy every moment while you have it

You cunts
Is it weird that I could smell the alcohol on your breath as I read that?

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if I get to 50. My 20’s and 30’s were spent with pretty unsavoury people in a pretty dark world.
I expect it to come back and bite me on my arse one day.
You are skywalker and I claim my £10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.