Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve probably, no definitely been reading this forum too much but something doesn’t sit right with me this.

Messi to City would be the greatest deal in City’s and the Premier Leagues entire history and if he signs we will be the biggest attraction in the world and it’s obvious the owners wanted him from day one..

But I can’t believe this just a massive ruse to get rid of the FCB president and get signings he wants plus a new bumper year deal OR that this is the new direction journalists are now following to disrupt the club. Big up the biggest transfer of all time to result for it to end up as a damp squib really puts a low on the start of the season.

I’ll finish on a positive though, if it happens it will send us into a stratosphere that will be hard to keep up with. Players will down tools to come and play here and we’ll hold all the cards on and off the pitch for the next 3 years.

According to many he's already burnt his bridges and the only thing he's doing is working out how to get out.

Which club he goes to is phase 2 of the problem. From what I've read of what Khaldoon has said we have offered to triple his wages in the past so there's no question on whether we can afford him.

I think much of it hinges on when he meets with city because if he can agree a deal then that puts massive pressure on Barcelona if he doesn't want to be there. We'd probably lose Jesus and maybe another player plus cash to get it done though.

He might end up staying and have a change of heart, but only because like with Kaka the fan pressure alone is just massive. Some players are just too big to move and that's why Pep has always said in the past on Messi that he wishes he'll stay at Barcelona forever.

The thing is though this isn't the best player in the world at the moment, for me he's one of the best ever and to have him at city, that opportunity is priceless whether he's over the hill or not.

300 million in wages according to our experts on SSN!

Yesterday a prime example why the press know fuck all. Chilwell transfer 50 million on Sky, 45 million on BBC. It's easy this making shit up game.

Alright but where is he gonna play? He's main position is RW and cuts inside onto his left. We have Bernardo and Mahrez there, so if Messi starts every game those two will always be on the bench.

Bernardo's best position is RCM where KDB plays but he's irreplaceable there and Mahrez can only play RW.

Pep won't play Messi as a false 9 coz he can't press unless we play someone from the bottom half.

The pressure will be to play Messi in every game coz how can you have world's supposedly greatest on the bench? Someone will have to be offloaded. Bernardo most likely. No chance Jesus will go coz it's Aguero's last season. Either Mahrez or Bernardo would have to go.

Unless Pep decides to play something like 4-2-4 so we still have two wide wingers (Sterling/Torres and Mahrez/Bernardo on each side and then ST and Messi as a second striker. Or something like 4-3-1-2 with Messi in a no. 10 role behind the two strikers (Jesus/Kun and Sterling) but again Torres, Mahrez and Bernardo all on the bench.

Breaking news... Delay in the Deal as Messi has insisted he has a clause in his contract with City that someone explains to him why Aguero has changed his Instagram name and removed the 10 and what GOAT stands for ? Is anyone on BM aware of any of this and if so can they help the club out of a hole ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.