Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been dubious about the chances of Messi leaving Barcelona let alone coming to City. But the idea that all the little genius is doing at the moment is fighting a battle to oust their president seems nonsense. If he is doing so he doesn't seem to have soaked up the lesson that he doesn't seem to get his way on much at the club; he was against sacking Valverde and Valverde was sacked, he didn't want Neymar to leave and Neymar left and he didn't want Grieseman bought but he was bought. It seems more likely that there is so much at the club that Messi never wanted and doesn't agree with that this time he really does just want out.

That doesn't mean he will inevitably leave but the chances seem far higher than ever before, in which case City do appear to have greater attractions than many other clubs. No other PL club seems to me to be a realistic contender and our only real rival does seem to be PSG. Paris has obvious attractions and his ex-colleague Neymar is there; whether these compare to the presence of his best mate being here (only for one more year?) along with Pep, Ferran and Txiki only Messi knows.

Even so the deal will be very complicated. The figures quoted in the media are pure guesswork and guesses to alarm rather than enlighten. I think we can forget the release clause in his contract because Barca will want to negotiate a fee to avoid him going for nothing next summer, if he really is adamant he wants out. He'll still be expensive and he won't play for peanuts, but we know, now more than ever, exactly how reliable our club is on matters of finance. I suspect a fair slice of the money for Messi will come from sources other than City and will not even raise a hint of an FFP problem.

So, if he wants out, if City really want him and if we can reach agreement with Barcelona I see no reason why he shouldn't be in a City shirt for next season. And what a prospect that will be.

New name. Same brain.

:)

What’s your personal feeling on it? Do you think he will stay if the president leaves?

I am skeptical that Leo will reverse now, especially since he has zero trust for Bartomeu. I see this more as a ploy from Barto, leaving his cronies in charge where little would change - of course, he'd still be on the hook for the financial losses according to the statutes which he cannot escape

This soon though, clearly he intends to set some records straight - especially since he is expected to return to training. I think he sends a message to cules

The RAWK cult has seen the face of god and he has big shiny teeth....

"We are the only top club that hasn’t sold its soul to the devil. The only one that does things the right way without selling out to oil states/oligarchs or putting itself in so much debt it will never be free of it.
I’m proud of our club, we are not being used for sports washing, we are not an oligarchs plaything, we are Liverpool, this means more!
It’s Liverpool against the evil that is corrupting football and we must prevail!"

"in the real world. Only we can stop that narrative and stop them. Only we're strong enough to halt them if he goes there. That becomes our historic mission. So we gird ourselves and focus on that. If this is how it has to be, so be it"

So no acknowledgement of both shirt sponsors being found guilty of money laundering - for terrorist groups, no mention of 39 murdered football fans, no mention of a 5 year ban for ALL English football clubs, no recollection of supporting a player who made racist comments towards a fellow professional. So much for them to be proud of...

Messi is gone from Barca. Suarez and the rest of the over 30s have been told they have no future, a couple by the text it seems.

When reports come out that he may stay or that Barca are digging their heels in then you know we're in the driving seat, happens all the time in transfers, it like a last desperate attempt not to lose face.

They are in a mess, no chance on this earth Messi will sign another contract, personally i think Messi getting fucked off was the minute griezeman walked through the door, I'm sure there was some rumblings of Messi saying who the fuck is this.

We just have to sit tight and be patient, all these know fuck alls on twatter know Jack shit yet they chirp on like they are Messi's best mate.

And also I'm surprised delooney, harris, mckenna and the rest of the anti city wankers haven't thrown their shite into the mix.

Not about the money and you would know that if you have been reading the thread.

Not being pedantic or pissie mate.
But how many times have we seen this when Barca or Messie have an off day he is off to City out comes the wedge and he stays and considering how long this thread and previous years are I've read a fair bit with the same result.
Don't get me wrong I would love him at MCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.