Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif

Oh those arsenal fans, always joking about

That is the very definition of a M. Night Shyamalan twist!

Makes so little sense that it has to be joke and yet everyone knew it was coming and that it was sadly meant to be serious.

What a lot of people are missing is this is more than a footballer playing football for City, this is our marker, our calling card, this is where that rich team turns into a world player. La Liga will be finished as a spectacle by the start of the season, and Barca will be a hollow shell of what they once were . We always wanted City to go to war with someone and put a line in the sand , well thats what we are doing but in a more subtle and controlled way .
This.

I don't want to sound insulting to Messi here but I see this deal as like Robinho mk II.
In the sense that, it's almost unimportant how they perform on the pitch. The effect Messi would have on the club from a recruitment, marketing standpoint would be immeasurable. A la Robinho in 2008, the club's profile will be significantly raised just by putting pen to paper.
Of course, Messi is a much better player and far more likely to have a significant impact, however just signing him could have very beneficial effects further down the line. I don't think we would have signed the likes of Carlos Tevez, David Silva and Yaya Touré without first signing Robinho, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.