Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi has gone from Ballon d'Or winner to crap, old, past it, 1.2 Billion waste of money, slow, traitor and no good for us because we need some more defenders and killing off any chances for Foden...
Messi is the goat... he will be awesome in our team, anybody with even an ounce of football knowledge would want to play alongside him, have him in our team!
If this was the rags or dippers it would be like the second coming of Christ, but its City, so lets piss on them chips!

Hi, barcelona asks for a price and players, city is not prepared or willing to pay, city wants a free transfer, I think for a few months it is preferable to wait to sign a two-year contract without being obliged to pay a millionaire and players, this may opinion , in the end money has the last word, messi solution is very complicated and only with a lot of money and players could it be solved, the question is whether city is prepared to throw millions out the window. I see if the city does not pay an exorbitant price for a player who is a luxury the best in the world but very expensive at 33, time will tell
City fans have been dreaming about signing Messi after Pep came. I never thought it was practical because of his age but his situation at Barcelona has given us an opportunity. I am concerned that his game has dipped but his quality is such that I am sure he'd still be able to improve our side significantly.

I expect City have international ambitions with the clubs we have in Australia, New York, China, Japan etc and Messi will help with that however that does not interest most fans.

Can I just add a wee bit in here. Best player ever to play football? The guy is undeniably brilliant, stunning, best of a generation. But best to ever play the game? Maybe the best to play in an age when our TV screens are saturated with football coverage. Only ever played in a two team league. Team filled with very, very good players. Best ever in an age that is saturated with social media bollocks and pundits who we regularly agree are full of shit.

Yep, undeniably brilliant, but the best to ever play the game.......my arse.

Anyway, I hope he signs as I think he'd improve us.
The fact he’s played in an era where we’re saturated with football makes it even more certain that he’s the best to ever play the game for me.

The only two possible challengers are Pelé and Maradona.

Both are remembered most fondly for brilliant World Cup performances. Pelé in 3 or 4 tournaments, Maradona in 3 or 4, only one of which he was brilliant in.

But who remembers Maradona’s seasons at Sevilla, or even Barcelona, or the later ones at Napoli when he was on the sniff? No one. He’s remembered for the one tournament that was televised worldwide.

Every game Messi plays is televised worldwide. And he’s been the best player in every season for the last decade, even more. Every week, every season, he’s doing it consistently and putting up goal and assists numbers that are just completely unprecedented.

And talking about weak leagues, Pelé played most of his career in regional leagues and the standard would have been nowhere near as high as European leagues now.

I really struggle to see any legitimate argument that he’s not the greatest of all time.

The fact he’s played in an era where we’re saturated with football makes it even more certain that he’s the best to ever play the game for me.

The only two possible challengers are Pelé and Maradona.

Both are remembered most fondly for brilliant World Cup performances. Pelé in 3 or 4 tournaments, Maradona in 3 or 4, only one of which he was brilliant in.

But who remembers Maradona’s seasons at Sevilla, or even Barcelona, or the later ones at Napoli when he was on the sniff? No one. He’s remembered for the one tournament that was televised worldwide.

Every game Messi plays is televised worldwide. And he’s been the best player in every season for the last decade, even more. Every week, every season, he’s doing it consistently and putting up goal and assists numbers that are just completely unprecedented.

And talking about weak leagues, Pelé played most of his career in regional leagues and the standard would have been nowhere near as high as European leagues now.

I really struggle to see any legitimate argument that he’s not the greatest of all time.
He's been lucky to play in an era when football is almost a non contact sport.
Still Maradona for me

Maradona and Messi are the two greatest for me. Ronaldo (the real one) and Ronaldinho were pretty unbelievable too but didn't have the longevity Messi has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.