Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi believes he is able to walk away now on a free, this will end up in court unless agreement can be reached and once that happens all bets are off thats how the world ended up with the Bosman ruling.

I agree with you with the courts. But if Messi is free to go, what in DEE f**k is his father, brother and attorney doing negotiating with Barcelona ?
Shouldn’t he be already signing a deal with city if he’s a free man ?
Comon folks ... it’s all a smoke screen people. Will he leave ... I suppose it’s possible but obviously even his camp don’t believe he’s free to go without a transfer agreement with Barcelona.

Perhaps not even that
Well if it's true that they pay him £1 mill a week, they save £50 m over the course of next season without City paying a penny to them. Their behaviour doesn't deserve a reward beyond letting them take Garcia on a free. But I bet they'll get some cash from City just to speed things up and so all parties can pretend it's been ended amicably.

I agree with you with the courts. But if Messi is free to go, what in DEE f**k is his father, brother and attorney doing negotiating with Barcelona ?
Comon folks ... it’s all a smoke screen people. Will he leave ... I suppose it’s possible but obviously even his camp don’t believe he’s free to go without a transfer agreement with Barcelona.
We've already been told why. Repeatedly, in fact. They want to settle it amicably if they can. That is all. And you are wrong. His camp are pretty emphatic in their belief that the legal situation for Barca is hopeless. Let it go.

Perhaps. Bartomeu is taking a huge risk by not accepting a decent offer though. Worst case scenario if it goes to a FIFA tribunal is they interpret the June date in clause that allows him to leave for free as intending to mean after the end of the season. Then there's no fee at all presumably. If not, then they'll look at his age, his wages and how long's left on his contract. Can't see that figure being much more than £60m. That's why I maintain that an offer of £70m plus Garcis is, for them, the best they'll get under the circumstances.
Yep theyd be mad not to take even 50 plus Garcia, they may end up with nothing. But Bartomeu seems to have made this personal and lost all sense of detached business perspective

Reactions: Pam
That's a good question, my guess is that he wants to leave without destroying his legacy because if he goes someone will be blamed

What contract? The one Messi has rescinded?
Why do you expect a payment?
Well that's open to interpretation. The date was seemingly hard-coded as June 10th. A court could say that's a firm date, which he didn't meet. So there would be a fee. Or they could say the clear intent was to allow him to leave ten days after the end of the season. I've heard that a Spanish court is likely to take the former view whereas a Swiss court may place more emphasis on the intent rather than the actual date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.