Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoned Rose said:
DalbeyINUK said:
Stoned Rose said:
What if it didn't 'happen' for him here?

We would be well and truly screwed. But what a ride eh?

No way can we be so flippant about £200m with FFPR.

Got to take into account that if he did flop it'd be hard to sell him on as FFPR would also make it difficult for other clubs to afford him.

Imo the £200m should be spent on 4-6 top end players instead.

No disrespect stoned,but what is the difference (FFPR wise) in £200 mill on messi or £200 mill on 5-6 other players?

SPIDERBOY said:
Stoned Rose said:
DalbeyINUK said:

Got to take into account that if he did flop it'd be hard to sell him on as FFPR would also make it difficult for other clubs to afford him.

No disrespect stoned,but what is the difference (FFPR wise) in £200 mill on messi or £200 mill on 5-6 other players?
The difference is we'd get it back on Messi. Effectively he'd be a zero cost FFP-wise or at worst very little cost. Plus although his wages would be high, they wouldn't be six times what we'd pay six other top class players.

Can you imagine if this was a slight possibility it would make the Isco thread seem minute ....there would be people at every airport tracking every plane coming in and out and there would be spies posted on every route from the aerodrome to the ground ........ and everyone would be tuned in to every word Messi's dad says

Daz_Blue said:
Can you imagine if this was a slight possibility it would make the Isco thread seem minute ....there would be people at every airport tracking every plane coming in and out and there would be spies posted on every route from the aerodrome to the ground ........ and everyone would be tuned in to every word Messi's dad says

Nah, Kev would sort it all out ;o)

SPIDERBOY said:
Stoned Rose said:
DalbeyINUK said:

None mate. What I'm saying is if we have £200m earmarked to spend (despite FFPR) I'd much rather we spent that on 4-6 top end players.

This would give us a much stronger squad. Messi would give us a stronger team. Squad wins the league over team every day of the week.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Stoned Rose said:

The difference is we'd get it back on Messi. Effectively he'd be a zero cost FFP-wise or at worst very little cost. Plus although his wages would be high, they wouldn't be six times what we'd pay six other top class players.

Whether we'd get it back is debatable PB. If he flopped or got injured long term we probably wouldn't.

Also, the difference in the messi scenario is it's a 100% risk. If you spread that risk over 4-6 players, the risk is minimised. Not all 4-6 are going to be flops or get injured long term.

Also, if we did spunk 200m on messi, would we be able to buy anyone else?

Stoned Rose said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SPIDERBOY said:

Whether we'd get it back is debatable PB. If he flopped or got injured long term we probably wouldn't.

Also, the difference in the messi scenario is it's a 100% risk. If you spread that risk over 4-6 players, the risk is minimised. Not all 4-6 are going to be flops or get injured long term.

I believe our owners think we can get it back but there's a risk I agree.

But I'll say it again that the actual cash is not an issue for us. If we pay £150m for Messi and pay him £15m a year, that goes into the accounts at £45m a year. I believe we'd recoup something like half of that back from Nike & Etihad alone. If we get five others to cough up £5m a year each then that £45m is covered 100%.

So we show £45m a year expense and £45m a year additional revenue, all of which is directly attributable to Messi.

If we then spend another £150m on four players and pay them a total of £15m a year, our annual cost for those is something like £50m a year. If we get £25m off the wage bill from players sold, we've got Messi and 4 other players for a net annual cost of £25m.

Is that not worth doing?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

But I'll say it again that the actual cash is not an issue for us. If we pay £150m for Messi and pay him £15m a year, that goes into the accounts at £45m a year. I believe we'd recoup something like half of that back from Nike & Etihad alone. If we get five others to cough up £5m a year each then that £45m is covered 100%.

So we show £45m a year expense and £45m a year additional revenue, all of which is directly attributable to Messi.

If we then spend another £150m on four players and pay them a total of £15m a year, our annual cost for those is something like £50m a year. If we get £25m off the wage bill from players sold, we've got Messi and 4 other players for a net annual cost of £25m.

Is that not worth doing?

I'm confused.

So we spend £300m on fees and then another 60m a year on wages and sell a few of the dead wood (probably for low(ish) fees, but FFPR wouldn't be an issue?

Stoned Rose said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:

Is that not worth doing?

I'm confused.

So we spend £300m on fees and then another 60m a year on wages and sell a few of the dead wood (probably for low(ish) fees, but FFPR wouldn't be an issue?
You're just being deliberately stupid now. Go away.

Its a truism that a player's performance improves when he is surrounded by talented players.

Likewise Having the best player in the world i.e. Messi's presence will further enhance the performance of our WC players.

The knock on effect.

That's a contribution you can't quantify in money but qualitatively I daresay (20-100)% extra from each & every player on the team.

Not just PL title but how about CL?

Think about this, Cup/Trophy (WC, League etc.) Winners always have Top WC (Top 3) players.
Having Messi, will increase the likelihood of us winning top titles & CL cup. That will easily make up for his acquisition.

It's once in a lifetime opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.