Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi to real!!! Can't see that ever happening.

Messi to PSG if he goes there for me it shows serious lack of ambition(my opinion of course).

I won't even mention Monaco or The Russian outfit.

so that leave us and Chelsea. .. and the morinho factor while he was at Real...

Let's face it though he ain't moving now with Barça having a transfer ban..

And then there's pep and Munich. ..

nowantads said:
Messi is not for sell ,barca wants to renew his contract before the world cup

come on guys, he's just using city, psg, even real madrid to get better contract. it's getting tiresome after a while.

What happens when Barca turn around to him and say we don't want to pay you what you demand?

That's when it will get interesting.

sam-caddick said:
nowantads said:

come on guys, he's just using city, psg, even real madrid to get better contract. it's getting tiresome after a while.

What happens when Barca turn around to him and say we don't want to pay you what you demand?

That's when it will get interesting.

The Messi's have Barca over a barrel. Players/agents earn exponentially more from transfers than they do from contract renewals - and on top of that Barcelona paid an enormous bonus to Neymar's father when that deal was done. As such it's understandable that the Messi clan are looking for a similar pay out from Barca to renew, especially when what they will earn from a transfer will eclipse what's on offer now both in terms of wages and in terms of signing on fees etc.

Under normal circumstances i'd agree it's a negotiating ploy - however you can't ignore Barca's financial plight, need for stadium regeneration, and the potential transfer ban. Bottom line is that they will at least be unable to purchase players for one summer window. This means that they will need to forward plan their squad much further than other clubs, again this will come at a some significant cost.

sam-caddick said:
nowantads said:

What happens when Barca turn around to him and say we don't want to pay you what you demand? That's when it will get interesting.
There was a time when, like the rags with Rooney, they couldn't afford to do that. But now they've got Neymar they may not feel quite so constrained.

as much as it sounds Garry Cook I question whether Messi has the bottle to leave Barca to go somewhere where his motivations would be questioned, and he would be flung through the media as a mercenary etc.

I reckon that's the trump Barca have over him because going anywhere other than Bayern would be seen as him selling out, so to speak.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
as much as it sounds Garry Cook I question whether Messi has the bottle to leave Barca to go somewhere where his motivations would be questioned, and he would be flung through the media as a mercenary etc.

I reckon that's the trump Barca have over him because going anywhere other than Bayern would be seen as him selling out, so to speak.

You still really think thats an issue now that we're challenging for trophies and playing in the champs league every season? With a squad that boasts the likes of aguero silva and yaya?

The Fat el Hombre said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

You still really think thats an issue now that we're challenging for trophies and playing in the champs league every season? With a squad that boasts the likes of aguero silva and yaya?

I also think if he leaves it'll be the board who get it in the neck rather than Leo.

The Fat el Hombre said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

yes, we still don't have that stature imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.