Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thenumber1blue said:
Can people not see that he is just going to negotiate a bigger wage with our name being thrown about !

If you read this part of the article that was posted a few pages back it sounds like Messi wants 400 million when Barcelona's final offer is at 200 million, can you really see them offering that?

I would struggle to imagine even City offering that but in regards to profile enhancing it could be seen as an expensive investement that needs to happen.

with a net annual salary of 100 million
This fee is insane and I can't see Barca paying that, not when they are paying Neymar the money he is currently earning which is apparently the most in La Liga from what I heard on Revista if I remember correctly.

These fees seem to be in dollars so bear that in mind.

Sport.es | 04.17.2014 | 21:46 h .

FC Barcelona will press their final offer to renew the contract of Messi's company, Messi Management, led by his father Jorge . The offer is 200 million, with an annual salary of $40 million over five years. As for image rights , the club aims for 20% of the advertising revenue of the star , according to Sport Marketing Euromericas.

Meanwhile, the proposal presented on the table for Barcelona by Messi is a contract for 400 million for the same period of time, with a net annual salary of 100 million and would not affect the the current scheme of personally negotiated adverts.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
as much as it sounds Garry Cook I question whether Messi has the bottle to leave Barca to go somewhere where his motivations would be questioned, and he would be flung through the media as a mercenary etc.

I reckon that's the trump Barca have over him because going anywhere other than Bayern would be seen as him selling out, so to speak.

You still really think thats an issue now that we're challenging for trophies and playing in the champs league every season? With a squad that boasts the likes of aguero silva and yaya?

yes, we still don't have that stature imo.

We don't, but we're past the mercenary stage, surely? I suppose messi is a different level to your normal player so its different, but I dont think we'd get much stick and it would defo be worth it!

waspish said:
Rammy Blue said:
waspish said:
He has reached the top of the mountain he is making his way back down

Fuck off.

He's 26 ffs, needs a new challenge.

Haha the mountain is big

With a very gradual slope on the other side. :-)

Obviously I'd love to see him at City, but as much as that, I'd love to see him playing in the Prem.

nowantads said:
1002535_10152368868755763_3707587117318857349_n.jpg

Messi is not for sell ,barca wants to renew his contract before the world cup

come on guys, he's just using city, psg, even real madrid to get better contract. it's getting tiresome after a while.
counts is the plain manipulation by the papers. Beware.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 20h
It's all to appease fans before the match on Sunday, club fears the reception in the Camp Nou before the match will be bad.
It's all part of the manipulation, but I know for a fact that the club stalling Messi's renewal on purpose.
Starts with "Messi will leave", followed by a huge fan backlash and suddenly the big two Catalan papers saying he'll renew.
Both MD and Sport featuring Messi's renewal with Barcelona in their covers, make no mistake: it's plain manipulation.
Retweeted by Rafael Hernández<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:30 pm --<br /><br />Rafael Hernandez tweets from Friday night

KenTheLandlord said:
Stoned Rose said:
Maybe you should get a grip and read to 20 people who have already explained that what we spend on messi we will make back from sponsorship deals etc. read previous posts before coming in all guns blazing, how hard is it to understand we can buy messi and still buy a couple of other players in our actual problem positions.[/quote]

1. My query isn't solely about money. If you actually read what I say, I'm commenting that for 200m we could potentially buy 5 top end players. Given our current squad weaknesses, this makes much more sense than spending such a huge sum on one player. Especially a player who plays in a position where we are well stocked.

2. Financially, we're currently being investigated by the FFP Police. Throwing another 200m around really wouldn't go unnoticed.

3. What the fuck are we going to do if he gets injured and is out for half a season like Aguero or an almost full one like Jovetic?

I'd love to see him here, but the idea is still blatantly ludicrous on many levels.

You have some decent points there Stoned.

However we can now put figures on Messi's marketable value. If we bought Messi for 200M and FFP sniff, we can use the openly available figure that as an asset he is worth 492M. He is in fact vastly undervalued and we can generate a market earner of nearly 300M. That should put us firmly in the black. Thus pissing on FFP chips.

Yes he could be injured like any other player and it is unlikely 5 or 6 players would be injured for a long spell (although with City's history, i have my doubts) , but what if he doesn't? He has it in him to score 50-60 goals in the PL, that alone is 3 good strikers. Have him with Aguero and only play them in PL and CL games, then we would be far better as a team.

It is a huge question, one we as fans and as a club have never encountered. It would easily put us into the top bracket of the game. Players would be more likely to follow and the following (merchandise, site hits blah blah would be off the scale.

He who dares wins.

(As City fans though, we will all be adding Rodders to that quote and immediately expecting the worst.)

What if it didn't 'happen' for him here?

Stoned Rose said:
KenTheLandlord said:
Stoned Rose said:
Maybe you should get a grip and read to 20 people who have already explained that what we spend on messi we will make back from sponsorship deals etc. read previous posts before coming in all guns blazing, how hard is it to understand we can buy messi and still buy a couple of other players in our actual problem positions.[/quote]

1. My query isn't solely about money. If you actually read what I say, I'm commenting that for 200m we could potentially buy 5 top end players. Given our current squad weaknesses, this makes much more sense than spending such a huge sum on one player. Especially a player who plays in a position where we are well stocked.

2. Financially, we're currently being investigated by the FFP Police. Throwing another 200m around really wouldn't go unnoticed.

3. What the fuck are we going to do if he gets injured and is out for half a season like Aguero or an almost full one like Jovetic?

I'd love to see him here, but the idea is still blatantly ludicrous on many levels.

However we can now put figures on Messi's marketable value. If we bought Messi for 200M and FFP sniff, we can use the openly available figure that as an asset he is worth 492M. He is in fact vastly undervalued and we can generate a market earner of nearly 300M. That should put us firmly in the black. Thus pissing on FFP chips.

Yes he could be injured like any other player and it is unlikely 5 or 6 players would be injured for a long spell (although with City's history, i have my doubts) , but what if he doesn't? He has it in him to score 50-60 goals in the PL, that alone is 3 good strikers. Have him with Aguero and only play them in PL and CL games, then we would be far better as a team.

It is a huge question, one we as fans and as a club have never encountered. It would easily put us into the top bracket of the game. Players would be more likely to follow and the following (merchandise, site hits blah blah would be off the scale.

He who dares wins.

(As City fans though, we will all be adding Rodders to that quote and immediately expecting the worst.)

We would be well and truly screwed. But what a ride eh?

DalbeyINUK said:
Stoned Rose said:
KenTheLandlord said:

He who dares wins.

We would be well and truly screwed. But what a ride eh?

No way can we be so flippant about £200m with FFPR.

Got to take into account that if he did flop it'd be hard to sell him on as FFPR would also make it difficult for other clubs to afford him.

Imo the £200m should be spent on 4-6 top end players instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.