Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always had the suspicion that Messi has been at Barca for so long that old Jorge has got his own little thing going on, Jorge ensures that Messi is kept sweet and stays at Barca, and in return Barca ensures that Jorge is compensated for keeping Messi there . Messi has a little strop and threatens to leave and Jorge See's his nice little Barca income dry up, Jorge flys in within 48 hours Lionel ain't leaving, he ain't happy but he ain't leaving. When Family are representing you it's not a pure football decision based on what the player wants and needs, Jorge and the brother Messi didn't want the gravy train to end .

I think they cocked up by sounding out his intention to leave in public but who knows what has been going on privately behind the scenes over the last few months. Going off his interview Messi decided to leave months ago and he was always told he could leave whenever he wanted but Barcelona said no so he decided to show them up.

Clearly this was just a poker game though where Barcelona were always going to test whether he was willing to take legal action and go through with it. With his young family settled there and with so many complications he was never going to go that far.

I think this will come back again in the winter, particularly if Barcelona don't strengthen however they do have presidential elections in March. The big one is Joan Laporta could run again, he was the one who brought through Messi and the Pep era so I'd expect him to have keeping Messi as priority #1. His other priority is apparently to bring back Pep!

My worry about all of this is our whole management of Soriano and Txiki could be attracted back by this too given they were all in Laportas leadership team.

Perhaps he didn't want to come because Pep told him he was going at the end of the season
suVeYjW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.