Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWP's back said:
MSP said:
Well, with this FFP pressure UEFA is putting us under, no chance in hell we'll buy him this summer at least.
That's not even close to being true.
Some blues just don't grasp it mate that there is a chance he could come.

MSP said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
MSP said:
Well, with this FFP pressure UEFA is putting us under, no chance in hell we'll buy him this summer at least.
Why?

Because he'd cost at least 150 millions and we can't afford that on FFP basis.
Even if we can cover the whole cost (and possibly more) with extra sponsorships?

MSP said:
MSP said:
Why?

You spread the cost over the life of the deal - 7 year contract? £21.5m per year.

richards30 said:
SWP's back said:
MSP said:

I definitely think there would be a chance for him to come. Actually I believe he is destined to play in City shirt at some time, there are lot of connections and hints about it but I just can't see how we could make 150-200 millions transfer to fit into FFP when we are already under pressure for small portion of loss of that amount.

I certainly hope I am wrong but I just can't see it happening for at least one more year. We need to make our revenue bigger before that happens. A good Champions League campaign could help.<br /><br />-- Sun May 04, 2014 9:48 pm --<br /><br />
nmc said:
MSP said:

You spread the cost over the life of the deal - 7 year contract? £21.5m per year.

It depends when payment is made, then you add wages to it which would be huge.. There are better accountants than me in City, I am sure but I still think it's too early to pull that one through without making revenue bigger first. We are still not able to cope with FFP limits, I can't see how we could do it with buying Messi.

MSP said:
richards30 said:
SWP's back said:

I definitely think there would be a chance for him to come. Actually I believe he is destined to play in City shirt at some time, there are lot of connections and hints about it but I just can't see how we could make 150-200 millions transfer to fit into FFP when we are already under pressure for small portion of loss of that amount.

I certainly hope I am wrong but I just can't see it happening for at least one more year. We need to make our revenue bigger before that happens. A good Champions League campaign could help.

-- Sun May 04, 2014 9:48 pm --

nmc said:
MSP said:

It depends when payment is made, then you add wages to it which would be huge.. There are better accountants than me in City, I am sure but I still think it's too early to pull that one through without making revenue bigger first. We are still not able to cope with FFP limits, I can't see how we could do it with buying Messi.

revenue will be made bigger by signing Messi, we're already on target for £400m+ by next year without him, I then hypothesize that as long as we're successful by 2016/17 it will be £500m+, without us doing anything remarkable, which I'm sure we will.

Even if he did come, it wouldn't be for the kind of fee people are quoting.

How long on his contract? How old? Would Barca stand in his way IF he made it known where he wanted to go? He cost them nothing.

I don't think the fee gets CLOSE to 9 figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.