Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While a new board will try to keep Messi I'm not sure they will be in a position to offer him a water tight contract before January. That gives City the opportunity to sign a pre contract with Messi in January.

Starting to see a few reports that this is indeed the case so expect speculation to go through the roof in 8 weeks if not before.

I've no doubt Messi would have come but for being blocked by the former President. Now we will find out if the President and the board was the main obstacle to him staying or whether he wants to leave in any case. I'm pretty sure that City will know either way or at least a good indication as they are in regular contact.

Of course I have no idea if he will come, same as everyone else on here, but I think I'm 55% he comes while I'm guessing the Blue Moon average would be about 20%.

Whether Messi is the right choice is another question. I tend to think that if we get him we will put off buying a new striker for a couple of years particularly if he is free and his wages effectively pay for themselves. Plus Messi will obviously play and a younger top striker won't wait behind Messi Aguero and Jesus.

Imagine typing that last sentence 12 years ago!

100 percent sure Messi will be reducing his salary and signing a contract extension to save the club.

Laporta has announced he will run although not as part of Victor Font's team - there already are two key candidates who both will lobby Messi to continue

Laporta has announced he will run although not as part of Victor Font's team - there already are two key candidates who both will lobby Messi to continue

I’d be astonished if they didn’t. If TH is correct and Messi has already given his word to City that he is coming then it’s a tricky one for sure.

I wouldn’t be surprised either way. I can’t understand posters who say they know he won’t leave 100%. I don’t think they can understand what’s going on and think it’s all a game to get a contract extension. More to it than that.

Not sure a new Barca board will make a difference. Messi doesn't have time on his side. If we want him and Messi thinks we are a better option for the next 1-2 years. He'll come here.

Barca aren't just going to turn into a top side with a new board. They will still have the players they have.

Not sure a new Barca board will make a difference. Messi doesn't have time on his side. If we want him and Messi thinks we are a better option for the next 1-2 years. He'll come here.

Barca aren't just going to turn into a top side with a new board. They will still have the players they have.
I hope you are right
They are still a great team though City are better at the moment and have the money to improve again.

That wasn't the principle reason for him wanting to leave, but that the board of Bartomeu had no coherent sporting strategy so it definitely can make a difference. The question is how much and if the player simply has tired of the constant drama

I wouldn't begrudge him one bit to feel fatigued from it but equally would not surprise me if he wanted to continue under Laporta or Font's leadership - we'll see

12th in the league and 3pts off the bottom 3, koeman doing a grand job.
How can a guy who didn't have a great track record at Southampton and Everton expect to breeze into the nou camp and perform and transform an ageing team, a team in need of major repair and turmoil going on behind the scenes into the Barca animal of old?
If Messi had any sense or any other player in fact they'd say I'm out of there as loyalty and not letting fans down is obviously not working.

12th in the league and 3pts off the bottom 3, koeman doing a grand job.
How can a guy who didn't have a great track record at Southampton and Everton expect to breeze into the nou camp and perform and transform an ageing team, a team in need of major repair and turmoil going on behind the scenes into the Barca animal of old?
If Messi had any sense or any other player in fact they'd say I'm out of there as loyalty and not letting fans down is obviously not working.
We are 10th. Neither team will stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.