Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen he's 3rd out of the top 5 leagues for big chances created but 0 assists. Feel for him trying to do everything for that squad to no avail, but we're not finishing our chances either.

I dont really follow french football but I am surprised that a french team could afford Messi, Neymar and Mbappe.
I get the feeling if City had those 3 ffp would be all over us and the press/media would be saying we are cooking the books ! surprised PSG have such a huge income in the french league, I dont know if PSG are accused of cooking the books as i say i dont follow french football.
Even some of the most famous clubs in Europe are broke ( barca ) yet PSG who that's been fair are basically in a 'little' league could afford these 3 superstars !
I don't really see it either.

Messi salary is absurdly high. He would need to take a massive ( i repeat a massive) cut and Neymar and co. would need to renew. PSG is paying 44 M a year for Neymar transfer in the books (amortization). If he were to renew for 4 additional years right now, it would decrease to a bit less than 9 M. I guess it would be possible to get Neymar to sign a new contract without a (big) bump on his wage if we manage to make his "amigo" come.

However, even like that, it is only 35 millions PSG could offer to Messi. Far from his current income with Barça.

I like Messi, i really do, but it doesn't make any sense financially for PSG. He would be the same burden he is to Barça right now. And he certainly won't win CL with PSG either.

On the upside, it would be fun to see all those Barça fans who are also PSG haters fuming at the sight of their best player joining such a "worthless" club and league. It would be worth it just for that alone.

The way this season is going along with Covid, Messi could be the tipping point between a big difference in season card renewals.
Exactly.

And I'm concerned that signing Messi will be for commercial reasons to get bums on seats generating huge sponsors and merch sales to raise our profile even higher, and these reasons are more important to our owners POV than signing him for his(undoubted) football ability.

I think Messi is still the best player in the world (for now) but how much fire in his belly does he have in uprooting is family to come and play in the twilight of his career as a near 34 year old multi multi millionaire?

I think signing him is much more appealing to younger blues and certainly appealing to entice gloryhunters to latch on to City, something I'm not interested in, personally.

I cast my mind back and remember Trevor Francis and Kazimierz Deyna who signed for us to raise our (then) profile to put bums on seats, and those old enough to remember know that it didn't work out as Francis sustained an injury before signing for us and Deyna was an all but spent force. Both players couldn't live up to the hype and expectations, unfortunately.

Signing Messi is no guarantee he will hit the ground running and light up the league as he has/is doing in La Liga. A huge gamble we don't need to take I think. But for the aforementioned reasons we (the club) probably will want to take. I don't think we need the hype and media/social media wank fest over a player who's decline is imminent, especially in the rough and tumble of the Premier League against hard physical players week in week out.

I feel as though my sky blue strand that is proudly sewn into the tapestry of MCFC is being bleached and frayed to a point of snapping because modern day football is alien to what football and supporting City was all about. I want to see the next Messi break through from our academy and that prospect is far more exciting to me than signing the real Messi for the wrong reasons IMO.

I dont really follow french football but I am surprised that a french team could afford Messi, Neymar and Mbappe.
I get the feeling if City had those 3 ffp would be all over us and the press/media would be saying we are cooking the books ! surprised PSG have such a huge income in the french league, I dont know if PSG are accused of cooking the books as i say i dont follow french football.
Even some of the most famous clubs in Europe are broke ( barca ) yet PSG who that's been fair are basically in a 'little' league could afford these 3 superstars !
100% they cant have all 3, Mbappa would fuck off & deep down I think he needs to his current form is pants

PSG do have 4-5 players coming to end of contracts so a free Messi wouldn't be a problem but paying him £5-600.000 a week + other bonuses then Naymars ridiculous wage demands just doesnt add up

I don't know what winning the French league brings to the table but I bet its nowhere near the £100m bottom place in the Prem gets?

I just dont see Messi legacy finishing in France again only my opinion

Draxler, De Maria, Varrati & others all on around £100.000 + will be gone to help fund Messi

Let's not also forget the owner is in bed with Uefa so whatever they do it won't be hammered like at City & FFP for 2 seasons is relaxed again enough time to get money in or out

I don't really see it either.

Messi salary is absurdly high. He would need to take a massive ( i repeat a massive) cut and Neymar and co. would need to renew. PSG is paying 44 M a year for Neymar transfer in the books (amortization). If he were to renew for 4 additional years right now, it would decrease to a bit less than 9 M. I guess it would be possible to get Neymar to sign a new contract without a (big) bump on his wage if we manage to make his "amigo" come.

However, even like that, it is only 35 millions PSG could offer to Messi. Far from his current income with Barça.

I like Messi, i really do, but it doesn't make any sense financially for PSG. He would be the same burden he is to Barça right now. And he certainly won't win CL with PSG either.

On the upside, it would be fun to see all those Barça fans who are also PSG haters fuming at the sight of their best player joining such a "worthless" club and league. It would be worth it just for that alone.
Not a chance Naymer & his dad take pay cuts they are 2 robbing bastards, they took Barca & PSG for a ride more than once

100% they cant have all 3, Mbappa would fuck off & deep down I think he needs to his current form is pants

PSG do have 4-5 players coming to end of contracts so a free Messi wouldn't be a problem but paying him £5-600.000 a week + other bonuses then Naymars ridiculous wage demands just doesnt add up

I don't know what winning the French league brings to the table but I bet its nowhere near the £100m bottom place in the Prem gets?

I just dont see Messi legacy finishing in France again only my opinion

Draxler, De Maria, Varrati & others all on around £100.000 + will be gone to help fund Messi

Let's not also forget the owner is in bed with Uefa so whatever they do it won't be hammered like at City & FFP for 2 seasons is relaxed again enough time to get money in or out
I don’t know why you are talking like this, if PSG cannot afford him then how would we afford him? Yes premier league is much more attractive for sponsors and it has very high tv revenue. We make bare profit so you can say with our current revenue we can’t afford him. The same way we would get extra sponsors for signing messi and some existing sponsors increase their money is the same thing that would happen to PSG. Yes they are in a trash league but we saw what happened to serie a after ronaldo entered, they got more tv deals which boosted the leagues tv revenue.

So obviously psg would get more revenue which can help them and they can also sell some players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.