Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players age doesn't matter. A 29 year old Messi is still a football genius, he's relatively injury free and if it is on the cards then woohoo! Would he still get in our team for game time at 36? Likely.

That said, sure I read somewhere a while back that he planned one day to do a Sergio and move back to Argentina before he was past it.

onceabluealways said:
often wondered if our transfer activity last summer was limited as they want the big signings next summer when we suddenly need to sell an extra 6000 tickets

It was limited beacause UEFA said it was.

I personally doubt he'd ever leave Barca during his prime but if he did I'd imagine we would be one of the most likely destinations, what with having his Best mate Aguero, the likes of Zabs telling him to come, we're known for playing good attacking football and then who knows T+B might have some sort of pull with him. Can't see him ever going to Real out of respect for Barca, nor can I see him at Bayern as they would A: not want to pay that much money in both transfer and wages and B: They tend to sign Bundesliga players and enjoy promoting themselves as the best of Germany.

It would really be between us, Chelsea and Utd. I reckon out of those three we have the edge (though I'd half expect Uefa would make a new rule where we ain't allowed to sign Ballon d'Or winners cos reasons) but still I'd maintain its unlikely to ever occur.

MC ID said:
I personally doubt he'd ever leave Barca during his prime but if he did I'd imagine we would be one of the most likely destinations, what with having his Best mate Aguero, the likes of Zabs telling him to come, we're known for playing good attacking football and then who knows T+B might have some sort of pull with him. Can't see him ever going to Real out of respect for Barca, nor can I see him at Bayern as they would A: not want to pay that much money in both transfer and wages and B: They tend to sign Bundesliga players and enjoy promoting themselves as the best of Germany.

It would really be between us, Chelsea and Utd. I reckon out of those three we have the edge (though I'd half expect Uefa would make a new rule where we ain't allowed to sign Ballon d'Or winners cos reasons) but still I'd maintain its unlikely to ever occur.

I would argue Messi is past his prime now.

He will still get you at least 30 goals a season and a shed load of assists but the days of getting 40-50+ goals and tearing into defenses are on the way out now from what I have seen of him over the last 12-18 months.

I think with him getting a bit older he is becoming more of a midfield general/ attacking midfielder and running the teams attack setting Neymar up etc...

If we could get him it would be immense but I am not getting my hopes up. Those recent comments he made are very interesting, however.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Oh, of little faith... I stand by everything I have said previously. His next stop is City.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0A7jAVDPJU[/video]

I wasn't going to post this at risk of being pilloried but here goes. A mate of mine was coming home on the train from the QPR game and Mike Summerbee was sat there with a bloke with his head in a lap top, The lad asks Mike straight off the bat Is Messi coming or is it all bullshit ? The guy with his head in his lap top sits up and said he is coming !! The guy apparently was Txiki !! The guy who told me this is a life long Blue and a good mate so there is no way he would wum me on this but to be fair i wouldn't be putting my house on it.

Bobbins said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Oh, of little faith... I stand by everything I have said previously. His next stop is City.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0A7jAVDPJU[/video]

I wasn't going to post this at risk of being pilloried but here goes. A mate of mine was coming home on the train from the QPR game and Mike Summerbee was sat there with a bloke with his head in a lap top, The lad asks Mike straight off the bat Is Messi coming or is it all bullshit ? The guy with his head in his lap top sits up and said he is coming !! The guy apparently was Txiki !! The guy who told me this is a life long Blue and a good mate so there is no way he would wum me on this but to be fair i wouldn't be putting my house on it.

Genuinely the funniest post I've seen in a while on here.

MC ID said:

The bolded - not really. It is more a combined transfer strategy. Own youth players, players of the league, other bargains. The only thing they do not do anymore is direct imports from South America - that never worked.

But it is just not the Bayern way to build a team around a superstar. And that includes transfer sums and wages somehow, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.