Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laporta could offer him a million a week, if Messi wants out and has had enough, he will leave.

Messi looks like a much happier guy in the last couple of months, he seems at peace again, mind made up?

I think the point of thatbpost was Laporta's backtracking. Before the election it was 'make him an offer he can't refuse' (in that creepy video), and all we have to do everything to keep him.

Now it is 'within the club's economic position'. Sounds like he's already planting excuses

I think the point of thatbpost was Laporta's backtracking. Before the election it was 'make him an offer he can't refuse' (in that creepy video), and all we have to do everything to keep him.

Now it is 'within the club's economic position'. Sounds like he's already planting excuses
I personally don't think Barca would be unhappy if he left (economics), although the last couple of months, he, Messi looks happy and content, I can see him staying.

The only thing I am afraid of City putting too much effort on the Messi transfer and losing out on our other priorities.
It's a proven fact that bringing a player like Messi from Barca is a whole lot of work than a B.Silva from Monaco.
Our club is absolute professional but they do have a soft spot for Messi and Barcelona.
All the history and connection and all.
I hope they prioritise and deliver on a Haaland/Grealish/Aouar/LB/ CDM and then move to focus on the choppy waters at Barcelona.

Messi ignoring elections would be a scandalous situation, of course he's voting

The fact that he's still there is a scandalous situation.

Unfortunately for us, I think enough time has passed and enough has changed at the club for the club and player to have smoothed things over.

I might be wrong but it did seem like it was last summer or never.

The only thing I am afraid of City putting too much effort on the Messi transfer and losing out on our other priorities.
It's a proven fact that bringing a player like Messi from Barca is a whole lot of work than a B.Silva from Monaco.
Our club is absolute professional but they do have a soft spot for Messi and Barcelona.
I hope they prioritise and deliver on a Haaland/Grealish/Aouar/LB/ CDM and then move to focus on the choppy waters at Barcelona.
Any deal for Messi has been on the table for years, it is definitely not going to distract Txiki away from any other targets.

I think the club are pretty relaxed about Messi. If he tells them he wants to come then I'm sure a deal can be struck fairly easily. I don't think we'll go out of our way to woo him, and certainly don't think it will detract from our other targets.

A top striker & messi we see us win most things over the next 2 seasons with our current squad. Messi deal would pay for its self. Get it done city

I think maybe Messi promised to support Laporta's candidacy in return for an easy exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.