Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
If the club feel they can put together a deal that will fund Messi and not affect FFP I am pretty sure they will try and do it.

You can go on about getting this, this and this player for the same amount as Messi but such players won't bring in an increase in fan base and merchandise sales like Messi would, the club would see Messi as the potential final jigsaw piece that takes Manchester City as a football club, brand and financially into the truly elite level.

Yes, but will they:

Buy a ST and then only turn up now and again, leaving empty seats
Sing
Stay till the end of the matches they do come to

:0)

Bruun said:
sam-caddick said:
Bruun said:
Possibly, but I do see Messi as a self financing deal.

Our finances are increasing with the addition of more and more sponsorships so I can see us being able to do a deal, like you said though I do think we would have to take some sort of hit.

We will see.

I was taking that into consideration, but lets say the deal is costing us 120m £, in the first year we wouldn't make the complete 120m £ back, and that's what i mean by jeopardizing it for one year, as we know the income would come next year.
But we wouldn't show the whole £120m in the accounts in one year. If he signs a 5-year contract it goes in at £24m a year. So if Nike & Etihad agree that they'll pay us £12m a year extra each once he signs, it's effectively a freebie. We just have to put up the cash.

Then there's his wages and we'd probably do a deal similar to the one Paul Stretford did for Rooney whereby £180-200k a week is paid by us, with an extra dollop coming from side deals he does directly with a chosen few of our commercial partners. So our outgoing is about £10m a year for wages but we make that back on two or three extra sponsors. Again, that comes in as soon as he signs.

Come on now we all know if he does leave, the only club he will go to are the title contenders the rags.well they have been linked to about 40 or so players already might as well throw messi into the mix...

Robbo. said:
we all know this isn't going to happen...why do we even think about it

This ain't a dig Robbo,but,what I suggest you do next time your at the stadium,is,have a right good fuckin look around,have a good look at the complex over the road,have a good look at the team sheet,etc,etc,etc........then think back 6 years,and then post the same again.......

SPIDERBOY said:
Robbo. said:
we all know this isn't going to happen...why do we even think about it

This ain't a dig Robbo,but,what I suggest you do next time your at the stadium,is,have a right good fuckin look around,have a good look at the complex over the road,have a good look at the team sheet,etc,etc,etc........then think back 6 years,and then post the same again.......

Unfortunately he's right though fella, we've been knacked by cheating Platini and his rag cohorts, as the last two transfer windows have shown. Of course we have some amazing players and a great stadium and youth complex, surely the whole point of the latter is because we can't spend £100m, £200m or whatever it'd take to get Messi?

I'd love to sign him, or Bale or Ronaldo, tell Platini and co to fuck themselves, I just can't see it happening and fear we're more likely to sign Bony or someone than Messi the way things seem to be going with our transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.