Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
The elite players in the world playing at their peak potential at the optimum age don't come to play at places like rainy Manchester.

Don't get me wrong there's no better city in the world for me but this isn't shared with the superstars of world football. We have world class players at City who we were lucky to buy at the right time in their careers to move on and for the right money, but to sign the likes of Messi and Ronaldo who have no peers would take some doing.

It's not our club to blame it's the geography of where we are.

I have not read all the posts so I apologise if this has already been said, but I can't see Messi at City for 2 main reasons:

1) It has recently been confirmed that Barcelona's transfer embargo for 2015 will stand (for poaching under-age payers) & if they can't buy, they are unlikely to sell.

2) FFP - I'm not sure what we can legitimately spend in the foreseeable future, but I'm pretty sure 200m for Messi (plus 250k a week in wages) would be slightly over our limit!

nixmith2 said:
The elite players in the world playing at their peak potential at the optimum age don't come to play at places like rainy Manchester.

Don't get me wrong there's no better city in the world for me but this isn't shared with the superstars of world football. We have world class players at City who we were lucky to buy at the right time in their careers to move on and for the right money, but to sign the likes of Messi and Ronaldo who have no peers would take some doing.

I have not read all the posts so I apologise if this has already been said, but I can't see Messi at City for 2 main reasons:

1) It has recently been confirmed that Barcelona's transfer embargo for 2015 will stand (for poaching under-age payers) & if they can't buy, they are unlikely to sell.

2) FFP - I'm not sure what we can legitimately spend in the foreseeable future, but I'm pretty sure 200m for Messi (plus 250k a week in wages) would be slightly over our limit!
oh dear should have read through all the posts

nixmith2 said:

It may not happen but it won't be for the above reasons. Barca don't need to replace messi they have Suarez and Neymar - they need money to build a new stadium, clear debts and in a funny way selling messi during the embargo may well suit both election candidates - biggest issue is they need to make it so it isn't an election loser or either the narrative that messi Pts for the ground or that messi wants and asks to leave . He on the other hand will want it to look like he is being pushed out - will be all about perception.

As for FFP as has been stated 10913 times messi will be self financing and will probably be an ffp benefit.

There are reasons it won't happen and they are Barca politics ie they can't create the right story, messi decides he wants to stay, PSG offer a better deal, Chelsea offer a better deal, the Rag scum offer a better deal etc eto

We just have to offer a better around deal than the others - first thing I would do is get Newells old boys into CFG

I'm astonished around the bullshit that surrounds this thread. He will not be coming to Manchester City forget about it, if he was to go anywhere it would be Bayern with Pep. They can still spend money, we have our hand's tied behind our backs.

m7mcfc said:
I'm astonished around the bullshit that surrounds this thread. He will not be coming to Manchester City forget about it, if he was to go anywhere it would be Bayern with Pep. They can still spend money, we have our hand's tied behind our backs.
Why would he go to Bayern when Pep is due here next year?

Mancini Manus Domini said:
m7mcfc said:
Who says that?

Mancini Manus Domini said:
m7mcfc said:

Pep is currently in talks with Bayern to extend until 2018. Not saying it will happen but there appears to be a good chance.

m7mcfc said:

Hilarious

We have half the Argentina team and our directors practically brought Lionel up

You on the other hand are on serious medication

If he leaves..bookies wouldn't even give you odds on him joining us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.