Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Messi has said he will stay,knowing they will struggle to get £170m off the wage bill.....he walks for free and the fans blame Laporta,not Messi?

Think (if he does indeed not renew) Laporta will spin it, and Messi not saying anything till his contract runs out, massively helps him.

He can can claim they tried everything, till the very last day. Messi wanted to stay, he was convinced by the sporting project, and all those things he has been claiming. But ultimately the financial mess was just too big and more than he anticipated (which he already said as well btw).

I have an understanding for Messi's position, that he has been put into by Laporta, in on it or not, he has little choice but to go with it. If he were to announce he is leaving, all those pre-loaded claims stack a bit against him and barcelona that he most likely genuinely does love.

Last edited:
The fucking state of this. More hyperlinks than commas. And the link in the statement 'he has put speculation to bed' takes to an article a few days ago saying he is undecided.

Clickbait galore, and I clicked on it.

The fucking state of this. More hyperlinks than commas. And the link in the statement 'he has put speculation to bed' takes to an article a few days ago saying he is undecided.

Clickbait galore, and I clicked on it.
I take it he hasn't signed yet then?

:-)

Think (if he does indeed not renew) Laporta will spin it, and Messi not saying anything till his contract runs out, massively helps him.

He can can claim they tried everything, till the very last day. Messi wanted to stay, he was convinced by the sporting project, and all those things he has been claiming. But ultimately the financial mess was just too big and more than he anticipated (which he already said as well btw).

I have an understanding for Messi's position, that he has been put into by Laporta, in on it or not, he has little choice but to go with it. If he were to announce he is leaving, all those pre-loaded claims stack a bit against him and barcelona that he most likely genuinely does love.

Can also be seen as a negotiation tactic by Laporta. They'll probably only be able to submit a relatively low pay offer (like they did with Garcia) and then the pressure is on Messi. Is it about money, or the sporting project? The storyline if he moves will be that he did it for the money.

If it was all about the sporting project he'd have signed for €1 a week. Clearly money is very important.

Same thing happened with Ramos. He said he'd have played for free but Madrid had put a contract on the table for him.

Can also be seen as a negotiation tactic by Laporta. They'll probably only be able to submit a relatively low pay offer (like they did with Garcia) and then the pressure is on Messi. Is it about money, or the sporting project? The storyline if he moves will be that he did it for the money.

If it was all about the sporting project he'd have signed for €1 a week. Clearly money is very important.

Same thing happened with Ramos. He said he'd have played for free but Madrid had put a contract on the table for him.
Where is Barca's project going though, and will it get there before Messi retires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.