Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about him being out of contract at this minute in time, sure he could break his leg in training today and have his career ended.

However he is hardly going to be claiming benefits and going to the foodbank while he's injured.

He is in a perfect situation for him at this time.

For what it's worth i don't think he will be coming and i suspect he will sign a new deal with Barca.
Well said, why people are losing sleep over a tiny chance to sign what is after all a 34yr old is beyond me.

I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about him being out of contract at this minute in time, sure he could break his leg in training today and have his career ended.

However he is hardly going to be claiming benefits and going to the foodbank while he's injured.

He is in a perfect situation for him at this time.

For what it's worth i don't think he will be coming and i suspect he will sign a new deal with Barca.

Agree if he was going to come it would have been last season. But I dont think he will ever leave Barca.
I very rarely come into this thread as I just dont see it happening.

I won' be losing sleep, nor getting worked up, but he's hardly any 34 year old is he ?
he is 34 regardless, people laugh at Ramos, same age, a serial winner , yet he is too old.

Ronaldo is 36 still great, but you have to build your team around him as Juve have found to their cost.

Where are people losing sleep? Seems like some people just want to sign the best player in the world. Crazy as it is I know.
People creaming themselves over a player that since 2014 has had the chance to join us, yet has never done so, he has has two serious opportunities to do so, enough, 2014 would have been perfect, not 2021.

i think its daft of barca to let him run down his contract if they wanted him to stay. now they have to pay a big signing on fee and agent fees and all sorts of bonuses if they want him playing for them next season. i hope city have got past the desire to sign him and build a team around him for the next 2 to 3 seasons. it would be crazy if city wanted messi for football reasons ?

messi still got a marketing brand and shirts sales and image rights. so messi does come it must be on the terms that its for nothing but a marketing tool that city can roll out to sell shirts and image rights

does messi still have 2 good seasons in him ? will the shirt sales and image rights sponsorship pay for his wages
if you can answer yes to one of them city will be still after him

he is 34 regardless, people laugh at Ramos, same age, a serial winner , yet he is too old.

Ronaldo is 36 still great, but you have to build your team around him as Juve have found to their cost.
Still not the same thing though, he isn't Ramos and he isn't Ronaldo, we wouldn't need to build the team around him, in fact if we wanted we could play the same as last season as he's the best false 9, possibly ever, buying a centre forward will require more change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.