Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one's forgetting it, it's just intangible fugazi.

No one knows how much Messi brings in to the club, but most of the money he "brings in" according to the report made by a presidential candidate looking for Messi's approval is in long term sponsorship value.

They don't actually lose money if he goes, they lose it in 1/2/3 years when the sponsorships are renegotiated.

A contract like that is very likely to have a "Messi clause" whereby if he leaves the club, the payments go down.

They will lose money if he goes, so they will definitely make him the very best offer they can. It would be a false economy to let him go.

I’d read that Dembele had an op and is out for 4 months or so, seems like he won’t be that easy to offload just now
This has messed them up
He was worth something to them before, but now he I worth nothing at all.
He just sits there till January and then starts talking to other clubs
Barca management must now be looking for a miracle

They may not get what they want but Griezman and Dembele would be easy enough to offload and I will be surprised if at least one of them doesn't leave.
Senseless is injured and in last year of contract
Greizmann is worthless as his wages are so high
Unless they are happy to write off £70m fee to save on the wages
They have run themselves into the ground
Good example for the 50 +1 rule everyone is so keen on!!

This has messed them up
He was worth something to them before, but now he I worth nothing at all.
He just sits there till January and then starts talking to other clubs
Barca management must now be looking for a miracle

Signing Dembele and Coutinho for more than £100m each has messed them up. Coutinho deal was the worst ever transfer in football history. Scored a few screamers for Liverpool but other than that, a bit average.

This situation makes you realise why we ourselves are hesitant to throw massive fees out for players. When people say "it's not your money, why do you care" well, if this can happen to a club like Barcelona then it could happen to anyone. Fees and wages like that should be ring fenced for only absolute Galacticos imo. Not average players like Coutinho etc

This situation makes you realise why we ourselves are hesitant to throw massive fees out for players. When people say "it's not your money, why do you care" well, if this can happen to a club like Barcelona then it could happen to anyone. Fees and wages like that should be ring fenced for only absolute Galacticos imo. Not average players like Coutinho etc

I see where your coming from, but if the 'old order' want to splash the cash, let it lead to their oblivion.

They wanted FFP...let them stick to it for a change. I can't understand how a club that is now almost a billion in debt, was able to largely, bet the house on one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.