Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean 'either way'?
He's only given you one scenario/viewpoint.

Edit: Sorry, that's sounds a bit harsh. Not having a go at you mate.
no theres two scenarios to come out of what ive said
1-barca find a solution to the wage bill and he resigns
2-barca cant and he plays for another club (hopefully us)

He can’t resign as he’s out of contract already & ive never heard of a player resigning from their job

If they can’t afford him then he comes to us or retires. Personally I think he’s given them until the copa finishes then that’s it.
yep thats basically it, or he goes mls since he wants to play there at some point apparently

yep thats basically it, or he goes mls since he wants to play there at some point apparently
New countdown assuming Argentina get to the final which is in 11th I would guess something will come out on 12th. So about 10 days to go

It’s got nothing to do with the kissing the badge, they’re professionals not amateurs and professionals work for what they’re worth and nothing less.

As example; Everyone knows that Messi has been paid hundreds of €millions by Barca but what some forget is that he‘s deserved every single cent of it because Barca have also made a mighty load of bunce out of their relationship.
What you need to get fixed in your thoughts is that Barca are quids in from employing Messi, they have profited massively from it, they have never paid him a single brass farthing out of love or charity, they’ve paid him to service their own self interest and filled their coffers from the proceeds of his efforts.

So, in a professional relationship where the employer has never tipped a dime in charity, why should you expect the employee to show charity in return?

As much as you may love your job, I don’t think you‘ll be rocking up to work on Monday to tell your gaffer you’ll take half wages going forwards, and I wouldn’t expect Messi to do that either.
Agree completely. Barcelona's "loyalty" to Messi appears to have real limits - take him to court to force him to stay then take a rest from paying him then hope he'll take a pay cut. This seems to be before and after the elections so this would seem to be "FC Barcelona" regardles of who the president and board are. So, if Messi wants to leave it will be because the deal Barcelona offer him is not what a professional is prepared to accept. If he were to come to City it would be because the deal City offer him is one that is consistent with what he can offer the club. There is no kissing the badge involved and no-one would believe that Messi felt any enormous sense of loyalty to the club - it's only rags who try to convince us that little South American kids grew up in the foot hills of the Andes dreaming of playing to the packed crowd under the hole in the roof at the swamp for their noodle sponsored heroes. What we would expect from Messi is what we would expect from anyone else, and that is professional commitment. So, I'm not bothered that he didn't come in 2014 because I never expected him to - in 2014 to a City fan City were always number one, as they were in 1998: to a professional Barcelona were a far better bet. And Messi will make his decision now on professional grounds.

2 scenarios - but scenario 1 involves shedding over £100m (40 per cent) from the annual wage bill... I really do not see anyway that they can achieve that - and that's before you factor in the wages of three new players !

New countdown assuming Argentina get to the final which is in 11th I would guess something will come out on 12th. So about 10 days to go

Possibly. I imagine we will hear something or other from Barcelona first.

I imagine every reporter will want to
get a question in there about his future if he speaks to anyone after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.