Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is your opinion and you are almost certain but what I have been trying to find out what the opinions of those we might call the renewal optimists are based on. Did your opinion come to you in a dream? Did you have a vision while peeling the spuds? Or did a little green man tell you to "fear not, for Messi will renew"? Because in all the posts from those believing he will stay at Barcelona I have found assertions by the score, statements aplenty saying that "all you (me!) need to know" and "Let it go FFS" but not one scrap of evidence, not one statement from Messi that the idea that he will stay at Barcelona is anything but wishful thinking. The only FACT we have is that the only contract he had with the more than a club has expired and he is a free agent. Yet Barcelona are confident because they say they are and they're very comfortable with a state of affairs in which Messi is no longer their player and is playing football on the other side of the world without apparently giving the club a second thought while the club tries to build a team of free transfers and cancel contracts. To people looking at this affair from the outside the confidence of the renewers (re-signers may be better) seems absurd and ridiculous - so explain to us why your faith isn't exactly that, blind faith and baseless hope.
Absolutely nailed it. All in one post.

personally i do believe he will re-sign:

one of the factors i look at is how confident barca are of getting it done, theyve said through reliable journos that a deal has been reached and that the reason he hasnt signed is because of how much shit they are in in terms of their wage bill, and i find that if messi does join a different club, it will be for that reason alone, they are unable to clear enough of the wage bill to sign him (people close to messis camp a few months ago stated that messis desire was to continue and theyve been in negotiations since then). if messi does leave and this "barca confidence" turns out to be a fallacy, then i'd be very impressed since their pr has managed to calm the world over thinking that messi will still be in contract with barca for the coming season, which brings me onto my next point

no one is bothered about whats going on here, sky sports arent going crazy about it like last time, other outlets such as talksport etc dont seem to be interested, i find that the consensus is that he will resign and so theres nothing really to cover with it, i mean think about it, the best player in the world or arguably the best the game has ever seen, is out of contract and theres no news outlets pouncing on it at all??? just a few articles from sky sports saying that barca and messi are in advanced negotiations blah blah, to me it just shows that everyone who is actually ITK concerning this believes that this is barcas to lose

now saying all of this, things could change massively if there isnt any major developments in the next few weeks, most notably when argentina finish the copa, whether winning it or getting knocked out, if theres radio silence from messis camp a few days/a week after that, then for me things change, this also goes for barcas outgoings and whether they can lower the wage bill, theyve started to get the ball rolling on it and seem confident enough to manage it

You are confident Barca can lose 40 per cent of their wage bill in a few weeks... right. Do you believe in Santa?

You are confident Barca can lose 40 per cent of their wage bill in a few weeks... right. Do you believe in Santa?
its barca, theyre corrupt, im expecting it but hoping im wrong

If it’s as impossible as everyone makes out why hasn’t Messi sorted his own stuff out if seemingly there’s not a chance he can stay, why do Bluemooners know more than him?

If it’s as impossible as everyone makes out why hasn’t Messi sorted his own stuff out if seemingly there’s not a chance he can stay, why do Bluemooners know more than him?

Who says he hasn't?

With or without Barcelona's sorting their own wage structure, he hasn't signed on to their deal. Through his own choice. Wouldn't rule it out, but I don't buy that he is sat by the phone waiting for them to clear their hooks, so he can join.

edit. that was meant to say books, nut hooks works too so didnt bother correcting

Last edited:
Who’s to say he hasn’t and is giving Barca until x date before he signs for someone else

Where is our friend Barca????

Maybe he can clear up a few things???

How can Barcalona right now be allowed to treat players with 2-3 even 4 year contracts & not be paid up surely any court or CASK will close them down??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.