Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come there’s nothing about Barcelona’s huge financial problems on the bbc football website? If it’s true that one of the world‘s most famous clubs is in that much trouble surely there’d be an article or two about it and who they have to sell, or could they be relegated for debts, etc, rather than features about Scott Parker and Ross County?
They have to be careful because it makes our ownership model look the right way to run a business...who knew!?!? Cant be reporting on stuff that takes away from the narrative. Classic BBC this last decade or so.

How anyone pays them a penny baffles me.

Last edited:
I don’t mind tears when lifting hardwares ;)
Imagine City 'losing' both Lionel Messi and Pep Guardiola at the end of 22-23 season...

They're both irreplaceable (apparently) and the chances are that the corporate sponsorship attracted by them would reduce significantly overnight.

The City Group would obviously still benefit if either or both moved on to (say) New York City, but the impact on Manchester City could be very damaging.

Bearing in mind that Messi is the cash cow, and Guardiola the huge bonus... the City Group could simply move it's football priorities to NY and run Manchester City on the same lines as Girona.

The City Group won't worry about where the profits come from. If they can earn more in NY, they could easily 'downscale' the Manchester operation.

All pie in the sky of course, but don't take anything for granted where the 'Messi factor' is involved.... That's the mistake Barcelona have probably made!

Last edited:
One thing I am struggling with is how the Spanish FA can suddenly introduce a reduced wage cap with what appears to be so little warning which means they have to reduce the wage bill by so much.

Am I missing something here? Is this something they were aware of years ago because from what I have read it seems to be a reaction to Covid.

Is your 'apparently' more accurate than his 'looks like'?

It sure is. Messi’s first choice is clearly to stay at Barcelona. The only way that can happen is with a pay cut.

If his first choice was to leave it would have been confirmed by now, he’d have had his send off, and City/PSG would be all over him as they will be if Barca can’t afford to keep him.

Imagine City 'losing' both Lionel Messi and Pep Guardiola at the end of 22-23 season...

They're both irreplaceable (apparently) and the chances are that the corporate sponsorship attracted by them would reduce significantly overnight.

The City Group would obviously still benefit if either or both moved on to (say) New York City, but the impact on Manchester City could be very damaging.

Bear in mind that Messi is the cash cow, and Guardiola the huge bonus... the City Group would simply
So we shouldn't sign him because we might go back to where we were before we signed him despite the benefits we might accrue by signing him?

You have to feel that somehow they'll find a way around it. It kind of reminds me of how the football world were 'shocked' that our 2 year champions League ban was overturned.

I'd expect they'll find a solution corrupt or not.

One thing I am struggling with is how the Spanish FA can suddenly introduce a reduced wage cap with what appears to be so little warning which means they have to reduce the wage bill by so much.

Am I missing something here? Is this something they were aware of years ago because from what I have read it seems to be a reaction to Covid.
The salary cap is related to revenue. Covid had a severe impact on revenue. Now La Liga is forcing Barcelona to conduct a fire sale. I find it irresponsible to enforce the salary cap given the circumstances (but entertaining nonetheless).

What makes me laugh with all this bollocks is that they have to get rid of players to get the wage bill down, I can understand them wanting to get rid of Griezmanns wages but to then replace them with Bernardo, Laportes or Cancelo's makes no sense at all.

Also making the assumption that they must be putting a price tag of over £150 million on him as well given they would "consider taking" all three in exchange.
We should be doing absolutely nothing to help them in any way.
I wouldn't piss on Griezmann if he was on fire.

Bearing in mind that Messi is the cash cow, and Guardiola the huge bonus... the City Group could simply move it's football priorities to NY and run Manchester City on the same lines as Girona.

EyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYY?????

Premier league money? Prestige of the league, billions in current investment already, clubs recent acheivements, all sorts of other world class players and academy...did i mention PREMIER LEAGUE MONEY!? The US "soccer" leagues are a retirement home and will remain that way for at least the next decade or more.

Wow what a post lol.

The City Group won't worry about where the profits come from. If they can earn more in NY, they could easily 'downscale' the Manchester operation.

All pie in the sky of course, but don't take anything for granted where the 'Messi factor' is involved.... That's the mistake Barcelona have probably made!
What the eff are you going on about?

Honestly mate what you babbling about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.