Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we shouldn't sign him because we might go back to where we were before we signed him despite the benefits we might accrue by signing him?
So the club should effectively sell it's soul and break the wage structure etc, for speculative 'benefits we might accrue' for a couple of years...? We could end up a lot worse off in the medium to long term.

We don't need him. It would be no more than a short term vanity signing. If he was 28, I'd think it a good move... But he's not.

He's clearly out for Barcelona to keep him on his terms. He's not the sort of character I'd want to do business with at this stage of his career.

So the club should effectively sell it's soul and break the wage structure etc, for speculative 'benefits we might accrue' for a couple of years...? We could end up a lot worse off in the medium to long term.

We don't need him. It would be no more than a short term vanity signing. If he was 28, I'd think it a good move... But he's not.

He's clearly out for Barcelona to keep him on his terms. He's not the sort of character I'd want to do business with at this stage of his career.
You probably won’t have to ;-)

What the eff are you going on about?

Honestly mate what you babbling about?
As I said... pie in the sky, but don't assume that all will be wonderful if he comes. The owners are in the business to make money. If there's more on the table in future through NY City, the Manchester operation could easily take a back seat like the other clubs owned by the group.

He'll re-sign for Barca and play for nothing, after all he loves the club so much.

Ca7T.gif

I would also agree with your assessment that buying the greatest footballer to ever live at 28 would have been a good move.

EyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYY?????

Premier league money? Prestige of the league, billions in current investment already, clubs recent acheivements, all sorts of other world class players and academy...did i mention PREMIER LEAGUE MONEY!? The US "soccer" leagues are a retirement home and will remain that way for at least the next decade or more.

Wow what a post lol.
You assume that the US leagues will stay as they are for the next decade or more....

Think back to 2008. You wouldn't have even dreamed of City being anywhere near where we are now, or that the rags would have £500m+ debt, or even of any possibility that La Liga, particularly Barcelona, would be in such a shit mess.

With TV rights etc, it would be quite easy to move the main focus of operations to wherever the most money was on offer. ADUG/City Group won't sit still.

You assume that the US leagues will stay as they are for the next decade or more....

Think back to 2008. You wouldn't have even dreamed of City being anywhere near where we are now, or that the rags would have £500m+ debt, or even of any possibility that La Liga, particularly Barcelona, would be in such a shit mess.

With TV rights etc, it would be quite easy to move the main focus of operations to wherever the most money was on offer. ADUG/City Group won't sit still.

I guarantee that the US wont suddenly embrace soccer to the same level as the rest of their shit(no offense to any US posters) sports.

I assume its not a part of their sporting culture.

I assume its nothing to do with city and everything to do with the leagues involved.

I assume you havent done your homework and i'm trying hard not to come over "twattish".

As I said... pie in the sky, but don't assume that all will be wonderful if he comes. The owners are in the business to make money. If there's more on the table in future through NY City, the Manchester operation could easily take a back seat like the other clubs owned by the group.
Don't take offence to what I'm going to say but what you have said sounds like the bitterness from fans of other clubs.

We got a chance to have one of the greatest footballers to have ever lived to pull on the blue shirt and grace the etihad turf and all you can muster up is that us as a club might end up taking a backseat?

In-cre-di-ble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.