Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Jose is upset!

It was an interesting tweet, on a number of levels. Think he might be onto something, myself. More interesting is that he has previously tended to be close to Aguero, who is close to Messi. So there might be a bit of perception there above just churnalistic guesswork.

I guarantee that the US wont suddenly embrace soccer to the same level as the rest of their shit(no offense to any US posters) sports.

I assume its not a part of their sporting culture.

I assume its nothing to do with city and everything to do with the leagues involved.

I assume you havent done your homework and i'm trying hard not to come over "twattish".
"Guarantee".... that's a very strong term.

The success of the City Group has/will influence how football will be managed around Europe and maybe the rest of the world over the next ten years or more.

Don't underestimate the power of the Messi name, and don't assume that CFG won't try to create a few more shocks around the world. With Messi on board to help develop the Group and product, they would be recognised as world leaders in sport, not just football.

Don't take offence to what I'm going to say but what you have said sounds like the bitterness from fans of other clubs.

We got a chance to have one of the greatest footballers to have ever lived to pull on the blue shirt and grace the etihad turf and all you can muster up is that us as a club might end up taking a backseat?

In-cre-di-ble.
One of the greatest footballers, who hasn't played club football outside a two-team La Liga, and is in the final years of his career....

He'll play his next club the same way he's playing Barcelona. Only City and PSG have got the funds, but only CFG have the worldwide resources for him to be involved in the long term without too much effort on his part.

That WAS the situation, but it's a long time ago now.

Since then, Barto's reign of terror has been brought to an end. And Messi has since appeared in PR shots with Laporta.

It was Barto was behind the transfers. The awful, awful deals. And Barto's lot ran the disgraceful campaign spreading social media slurs about Barca players. Barca was not a happy place, and it didn't take a genius to realise they'd been going backwards for some time, and the negligent approach to contracts and transfers would come back to haunt them.

That in mind, it's pretty believable that getting rid of Barto was enough to pacify him.

There'll be many, many pops at Barto until this is over. And a few at Tebas. Maybe a few more at Barca players who they want rid of. That's all totally within the norms of an operation working to keep the core Barca 'family' safe from harm and together. The one that resembles the club that was there when Messi started.

Right now Real look smug as fuck. But seriously - nah. They've likely got to get rid of something like ten players to sign anyone of note. An aging squad. Gaps in defence. Questions over finances, cash flow. That's just being kept out of view at the moment. But wait and see how this plays out.
Barca will register their players. Real won't get anyone big this year. They were Tebas s
Messi will in all probability staMessi - no exception for Messi - no exception for Haaland. If Barca can scrape through, they may indeed call that - preventing Real signing Mbappe/Haaland this year - a strategic win. And that may have the knock-on effect of making it harder for Real to secure short term investment.
A number of points have to be raised. It is not yet a year since Messi gave voice to his desire to leave and to the frustrations which had provoked it but it can be maintained that the responsibility for these can be lain at Bartomeu's door. The removal of Bartomeu may have done something to pacify Messi but unfortunately Bartolomeu's legacy is still very much with everyone at Barcelona, most notably in the very high levels of debt and wages which make it very difficult indeed to deal with the other great problem, that of the imbalance in the squad. Laporta has been able to do little about these problems, partly due to time but partly because he led everyone to believe they would be easy to solve (dealing with the debt was "simply" a matter of rescheduling the loans!). Messi may have been placated and he may wear his Barca jimjams every night for the rest of his life but he's quite capable of seeing that Barca's problems could take some years to get under control - and Messi is 34, one thing he doesn't have is time. So I think that your belief that "scraping through" this year by registering their free transfers and hoping Real sign no-one of world class may well be wishful thinking and it may be nowhere near enough to persuade Messi to re-join - re-join because Laporta hasn't placated him enough to renew his contract. There is also nothing to suggest that Tebas and la liga will permit the registration of new players without the required cuts and nothing at all to suggest it would change Messi's decision if they did. So your opinion that "Messi will in all probability stay" seems to lack support from any real evidence and may be said to be wishful thinking.

One of the greatest footballers, who hasn't played club football outside a two-team La Liga, and is in the final years of his career....

He'll play his next club the same way he's playing Barcelona. Only City and PSG have got the funds, but only CFG have the worldwide resources for him to be involved in the long term without too much effort on his part.
Have you ever heard of the Champions League?

Its all leading to him signing for us ,Barcelona need to offset wages to sign players ,the City shirt as been revealed on 1st July since puma took over, Messi is still busy with Argentina, what a better way to unveil the shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.