Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come there’s nothing about Barcelona’s huge financial problems on the bbc football website? If it’s true that one of the world‘s most famous clubs is in that much trouble surely there’d be an article or two about it and who they have to sell, or could they be relegated for debts, etc, rather than features about Scott Parker and Ross County?

Too close to home for the likes of Simon Stone - debts are best ignored....

One thing I am struggling with is how the Spanish FA can suddenly introduce a reduced wage cap with what appears to be so little warning which means they have to reduce the wage bill by so much.

Am I missing something here? Is this something they were aware of years ago because from what I have read it seems to be a reaction to Covid.

Think the wage cap has been in place for some time - just that Barca were allowed to ignore it.

I guarantee that the US wont suddenly embrace soccer to the same level as the rest of their shit(no offense to any US posters) sports.

I assume its not a part of their sporting culture.

I assume its nothing to do with city and everything to do with the leagues involved.

I assume you havent done your homework and i'm trying hard not to come over "twattish".

Changes are afoot in US sport - Basketball and NHL play in small arenas... NFL is huge but a middle class preserve given the prices.... baseball is in decline - so where do ordinary Americans watch sport... Soccer has a huge opportunity in the US.

My understanding is, the wage cap has always been there in laLiga, relative to what the clubs earn. Barcelona's issue seems to be their earnings, which are so heavily dependent on Nou Camp attendance, hospitality and tours, have effectively halved, so their wage cap has also reduced. They are asking for a bit of leeway. By which I mean totally looking the other way.

Their growing debt is a completely separate but just as significant an issue.

I have no idea how it is structured but with significant amounts payable in the short term - which will attract penalties if not settled in a timely fashion - you got to assume that servicing debts in the region of 1.5 billion will be costing them between 40 and 50 million a year (on top of any capital repayments) - that's a lot of debt and a huge burden to carry for any business. At some point Barca are going to be in danger of defaulting on payments to other clubs which is when the shit (should) hit the fan.

Fuck the men in white coats. How about the men in suits and brief cases and take this Cnut to the cleaners in court enough is enough now!

He's like the alcoholic mad uncle at a family get together - so nuts he's best ignored... engaging with him will never work out well... he's one of those people who will never accept sense or reason - he's just bitter and psychotic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.