Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Messi wants his pound of flesh and Barca are pulling out all the stops to see that he gets it. A true definition of a mercenary if ever I have seen one.

I hope he gets what he wants though and Barca end up paying through the nose and they end up sinking because of it. It blows the myth that players play for the love of the club out of the water, I thought only we hired mercs.
This is it.

I've posted before if he loved the club he'd play for nothing but no he must have indicated that he'll stay if the money is right otherwise, Barca wouldn't be trying to shaft numerous players, it doesn't make any sense otherwise.

The big question is without something 'funny' going on they're just not going to be able to afford to pay him what he wants. That leads onto where does he go and how arsed will he be when he gets there?

I'd hate us to be used as a cash cow for one last payday, we've seen it at City albeit with lesser players at back end of their career.

One thing I am struggling with is how the Spanish FA can suddenly introduce a reduced wage cap with what appears to be so little warning which means they have to reduce the wage bill by so much.

Am I missing something here? Is this something they were aware of years ago because from what I have read it seems to be a reaction to Covid.

My understanding is, the wage cap has always been there in laLiga, relative to what the clubs earn. Barcelona's issue seems to be their earnings, which are so heavily dependent on Nou Camp attendance, hospitality and tours, have effectively halved, so their wage cap has also reduced. They are asking for a bit of leeway. By which I mean totally looking the other way.

Their growing debt is a completely separate but just as significant an issue.

This is it.

I've posted before if he loved the club he'd play for nothing but no he must have indicated that he'll stay if the money is right otherwise, Barca wouldn't be trying to shaft numerous players, it doesn't make any sense otherwise.

The big question is without something 'funny' going on they're just not going to be able to afford to pay him what he wants. That leads onto where does he go and how arsed will he be when he gets there?

I'd hate us to be used as a cash cow for one last payday, we've seen it at City albeit with lesser players at back end of their career.
There isn’t half some shite posted on here

How are the two Madrid teams looking with the wage cap?
Surely they would kick off if the rules were relaxed for barca.

"The objective of many now is to show that Messi is the culprit of Barça's economic situation. THIS IS A LIE. Messi generates more than it costs. He is the best. He has given Barça in the field something that will be ineradicable. Although now they want to stain it."

Isn't this what caused the whole fuss last year? Bartomeu started a PR campaign to blame the players (and Messi mainly) for all of the club's problems? Didn't they bot twitter accounts to do it too?

Would love to see where the city group has lost 1 billion - news to anyone over here - he may have to start explaining this quickly before the men with white coats arrive - pure drivel and a smear campaign against city AND the premier league now - think he has finally bitten off more than he can chew.

Even so this belongs in the right thread and not on transfers really ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.