Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your wish is granted

102418p7sq4hynl51476239058535483.jpg
Being a body paint artist has it’s perks!

Welcome aboard. This train will be calling at Posturing, Posturing Central, and arriving at Posturing Airport, final destination.

I still think it is all part of Laporta's sales pitch, this. And would not surprise me if he has known the outcome possibly from when he claimed he had Messi's endorsement for the election. Or certainly once in and after his discussions with Messi and Messi Sr. in March. He just needed to create the setting for the drama and general cule audience to reach their own conclusion.

Getting to the point when his contract has run out, and then shifting focus to finances, has completely changed the dynamic.

It has gone from desperate to keep messi, likely to keep messi but need to sort books first, more important to sort books while finding a way to keep messi, to, preferable to keep messi if books allow, to now heading to; you know what better to sort books, keep many big players, sign these new players paraded around, than to add messi.

Messi meanwhile has been giving him the courtesy of silence and time to talk his way, through his media mouthpieces, down from his pedestal.

Every subsequent media claim, from july 1st, has been pretty predictable imo.

Maybe Messi's final favour to Barca and Laporta - to make it seem like he's willing to stay despite them both knowing there's absolutely no chance.

Why sign players knowing they might not even be able to be registered if your main priority is keeping Messi? You can't do both and they've gone on a mission to pay big bucks to those out of contract. Even then they walked away from Wijnaldum when PSG raised the stakes.

What it does do is make the whole Mino tour and visit to Barca even more laughable.

I think same. Ramos recently left Madrid giving it the old "I would have played for free to stay at Madrid". But they had put a contract in front of him, he just decided to take the cash.

If Messi was only interested in winning trophies with Barcelona, he would be playing for free already. Nobody knows the number, maybe not even Laporta, but there is a minimum number.
they can't sign him even if he played for free

All well and good but like everyone else who chooses to do this on this forum for some weird reason, you are completely omitting the fact that he simply loves barca with all his heart?

How do you write an entire paragraph of analysis and just completely ignores that fact? baffling.. Man has been playing there since he was a child. Man doesn't speak english. He got trophies and personal trophies playing for them. How on earth do you just assume it's all a business decision for him? The reports that came out even said that he wouldn't even be the top paid player at barca if he were to renew - he would give up nearly 50% of his salary!

is it just a self persuasion thing that people here just choose to ignore this simple fact? they just decide for him that "he's hungry for more trophies" and "doesn't wanna sacrifice himself" like it's bloody football manager!
What proof do you have that "he simply loves barca with all his heart"? "Love" seems to have been in pretty short supply for the last year at least. When he demanded a transfer last year he never spoke of his love for the club but he made plenty of forcibly expressed complaints that were certainly concerned with business ie football. When he renews his contract with Barcelona I might believe these reports but as yet there are no signs of his signing a new contract and they remain no more than reports. So when your "simple fact" actually becomes something more that a "report" people might ignore everything else Messi has said but not until. And might I remind you that speaking English has never been a requirement for those wishing to leave Barcelona and I'll remind you that one Wayne Rooney loved Everton "with all his heart" to the extent that he wore his Everton pyjamas every night he was playing for ... Manchester United. I can only repeat Messi is a professional footballer - as his interview last year shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.