Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think CFG and Messi will contract Messi to one of our North or South American Clubs then do a loan to City season by season (worked with Lampard).
If he brings in more via sponsorship than he takes out surely a deal somewhere LOL.?

I know, some regulation somewhere will prohibit it but I can dream.

He will play for the team that offers him and his father what he wants.

He has all the medals, if he wanted to go and enjoy his football and win more titles he would have left this present Barca a few seasons ago.

It's now all about money.
Not totally accurate, he was in the middle of a lucrative contract a few seasons ago with an untouchable buy out clause.

His forthcoming decision will reveal how he values the main factors - his loyalty to Barca, desire to finish his career with as many trophies as possible or to maximise his earnings in the latter part of his career.

The old romantic in me hopes that he wants a footballing project which maximises his chances of trophies, amongst people he likes/trusts and where he will earn commensurate with his talent and ability.

I like to think that the above scenario would lead him to one place only….

He will play for the team that offers him and his father what he wants.

He has all the medals, if he wanted to go and enjoy his football and win more titles he would have left this present Barca a few seasons ago.

It's now all about money.
I can’t agree with that last sentence. For those of us with families, that is the most important thing in life, so, as he has got all the medals and he has all the money he needs, he may just make a decision which puts his family first and if they want to stay in Spain then that is a realistic option for him, either to play on reduced wages or maybe to retire? It cannot be dismissed out of hand

Tolmie, I have to question the sanity of paying a fifth choice centreback 75k, who frankly has not shown himself as yet to be worthy of such a sum. I guess Pep and Barca see something in him that most of us do not !!
The 75k was offered at the start of last season when I am pretty sure garcia was considered by pep to be above stones and was in effect going to rotate with Dias.
Stones improved massively and Dias became undroppable so wouldn't rotate but at the time it was offered, I imagine that was the club's thinking.

One thing is for sure. If he announces anything next week it won’t be he is sinning for Barca as it’s currently not possible.
Yes, he could be in for a very long wait! Unless those philanthropic piss artiste from other Spanish clubs are so fed up of not being able to invest in their own clubs that they invest in Barcelona. That'll be the day! (Can't load the music video for that one!)

Not totally accurate, he was in the middle of a lucrative contract a few seasons ago with an untouchable buy out clause.

His forthcoming decision will reveal how he values the main factors - his loyalty to Barca, desire to finish his career with as many trophies as possible or to maximise his earnings in the latter part of his career.

The old romantic in me hopes that he wants a footballing project which maximises his chances of trophies, amongst people he likes/trusts and where he will earn commensurate with his talent and ability.

I like to think that the above scenario would lead him to one place only….
All about money, he would not force the issue last season, no excuse now, he is a free agent, he wants to stay at Barca, they will offer him more than anyone with the possible exception of PSG.

I can’t agree with that last sentence. For those of us with families, that is the most important thing in life, so, as he has got all the medals and he has all the money he needs, he may just make a decision which puts his family first and if they want to stay in Spain then that is a realistic option for him, either to play on reduced wages or maybe to retire? It cannot be dismissed out of hand
With the money he has, his family has a private jet, he could literally commute to Manchester and keep the family over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.