Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish this would be all over with already, La Liga and Barcelona will come to some sort of arrangement for Messi to sign a contract...
Fuck Messi and Fuck Barcelona...

Ultimately though Barca's debt is unmanageable. Releasing players is massive equity lost. They've actually lost their minds !

You are correct but don’t forget Real and Barca are operating in a distorted cartel where market norms are suspended, soft loans are commonplace, state funding has been legitimised, nor financial rules are bent and broken…. A lack of money won’t necessarily prevent them dominating because most financial institutions in Spain won’t dare call their debts in - so Barca will just be allowed to keep on operating Under conditions that wouldn’t be afforded to others. Do you think if City were in this financial predicament that UEFA would be sitting back - we’d be instructed to hold a fire sale and service our financial obligations.

I wish this would be all over with already, La Liga and Barcelona will come to some sort of arrangement for Messi to sign a contract...
Fuck Messi and Fuck Barcelona...
itll be over in a few days, we'll know what his plan is after the copa

Marca do daily Barcelona updates in English.

Probably a croc of shite. But no worse than what’s on other football websites and football social media websites.

Marcia do daily Barcelona updates in English.

Probably a croc of shite. But no worse than what’s on other football websites and football social media websites.

The way they're treating players is over the line imo. Won't sign a reduced contract? We'll do everything we can to ruin your career.

You are correct but don’t forget Real and Barca are operating in a distorted cartel where market norms are suspended, soft loans are commonplace, state funding has been legitimised, nor financial rules are bent and broken…. A lack of money won’t necessarily prevent them dominating because most financial institutions in Spain won’t dare call their debts in - so Barca will just be allowed to keep on operating Under conditions that wouldn’t be afforded to others. Do you think if City were in this financial predicament that UEFA would be sitting back - we’d be instructed to hold a fire sale and service our financial obligations.
I think that may have been true in the past but not now.

UEFA recently made three Spanish clubs, of which Barca were one, return state funding. I think it was 6 million for Barca. They don’t have soft loans with the institutions they borrowed from and have most worryingly a lot of very short term loans nearly up which they cannot refinance since COVID (which has obviously had its own huge impact on their finances)

Barca won’t be allowed to just carry on like this as we are already seeing. Even Tebas is speaking out against them as La Liga’s FFP was his baby and he now has a dual role with UEFA who currently have awful relations with Barca due to their refusal do condemn the ESL with legal actions in the pipeline.

UEFA and La Liga are showing no signs of sitting back, quite the opposite.

I understand people believing that Barca will be allowed to escape this mess but it’s the perfect storm given a terribly run club, political unrest, COVID, ESL Messi’s contract, a potential stadium rebuild, I could go on….I think this is a different situation. Look at their recent behaviour…are these the actions of a club who think this will all go away with the help of their contacts?

Different World different rules. I don’t think we can assume this will be brushed under the carpet because, to continue the metaphor, in true Partridge style, there is no carpet.

Barca will recover but not for years and their ability to compete at the highest level will be affected I would think.

I don’t know where all this is going ultimately, because nobody does,but the signs so far are that nearly every escape road Is permanently closed and time is running out for them. They have few if any friends right now.

Last edited:
Sounding like a spoilt brat!
Haha how on earth are you making that one exactly?
We've supposedly been in for Messi before on numerous occasions and got turned down, At the end of the day he's going to stay at Barcelona. As I said Fuck Messi and Fuck Barcelona couldn't care less about either of them. I'll be more than happy with Grealish in this window alone.
So you mane out that I'm a spoiled brat because of it.

You sound like a knobhead.

We've supposedly been in for Messi before on numerous occasions and got turned down, At the end of the day he's going to stay at Barcelona. As I said Fuck Messi and Fuck Barcelona couldn't care less about either of them. I'll be more than happy with Grealish in this window alone.

If you really don’t care that much this might be the wrong thread for you as it’s of no interest and you already know the future somehow.

I agree with you on Grealish.

Yeh ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.