Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes UEFA opinion is to throw the three clubs out of Europe plus a fine and they must do something having punished the rest. However it’s a tricky one from a legal point of view and UEFA are taking legal advice over what they can and can’t do.

At the moment Barca are doing a cracking job of punishing themselves. Personally I think UEFA are on dodgy ground punishing anyone as we have seen a few times before. Looks like action currently on hold due to the Spanish court ruling see below…

Well first uefa needs to return all the fines mcfc has paid so far with 20% interest excluding cost for defamation.

Gab Marcotti saying on his podcast that his understanding from people at Barca is that there will be boring technical ways around paying Messi and they're not worried about him re-signing at all.

Worth mentioning as Marcotti is a cut above.

Gab Marcotti saying on his podcast that his understanding from people at Barca is that there will be boring technical ways around paying Messi and they're not worried about him re-signing at all.

Even IF they can afford him....the state that Barca are in he may not WANT to sign for them again....

Cos he quite clearly still wants to play for Barcelona. That's obvious, otherwise he'd just not be there now. La Liga, Messi and Barca will sort sumat out financially. Dunno what, but i cant see it ending any other way.
I hope does stay At Barca now he’s won his first international trophy
His hearts there and for me he’s the greatest player we’ve ever seen
I really don’t think World Cup apart get has anything left to prove or achieve
I want us to make history in our own way

Well if they get away with what ever way they going to pay him that will be a template for every club with ffp issues

Sounds to me like his priority is money. He surely must have enough. Why can't he play for the club be loves (!) but on a reduced wage (which would still be incredible) and thereby meaning other players could stay. This whole business shows, if it needed showing, that players are all about money and riches.
Absolutely correct.
Messi and his dad..... convicted tax evaders, over £3m image rights hidden offshore to avoid Spanish tax. That's all he cares about... having more and more money.
Millionaires taking the piss out of the fans who blindly worship them. Footballers - possibly the most overpaid but least deserving people on the planet.

The problem is, it isn't just Messi's salary they have to pay.... it's also the 4 new signings. They also have to reduce 187m euros from the wage bill before they can even consider signing Messi and the other 4 new signings.

It seems to me is they're trying to save face and they don't want to let the fans know how bad of a state they're in. It's been around 7 weeks that Messi was supposed to sign his new contract.... and he's still no closer to doing it. Messi isn't going to wait that long. He may love the club, but he loves playing football even more. If they don't sort it out within the next 3 weeks, he'll probably move to another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.