Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused.... If Barca need to save money and reduce their wage bill to secure Messi - why entertain signing 4 or 5 new players - that's pretty much offset any progress they have made. Are they stupid or shoving two fingers up to the league?
Possibly he is uncertain whether he is the cause or the salvation of Barca financial predicament.?

No talk of a new contract with Barca, no talk of a move, enjoying being with his family.....he's retired

With the world cup next year, that will be the one trophy he really wants to win. Particularly after winning the copa.

If he hasn't yet decides, which I doubt, it could push him to stick with what he knows at Barcelona (assuming they can) for the year and get himself to the world up in his best form.

Or it could push him, having broken that national team thing, to go for something new one last time ahead of his last go at the world cup, with a shot at other new trophies along the way.

Unique player, unique situation, with no precedent. Manchester versus Barcelona ? Laughable. Does it matter? Not one bit
For one season, he could virtually commute,
limo from ground to the airport, private jet to
Barcelona, piece of piss. A younger player would
have to consider far more eapecially with a family and a future to consider. It's conceivable that he could keep fit at home, and only spend a couple of days in M'chester. Tactics would never be an issue, on the pitch a free role using his vast experience and Pep's trust. Imagine Messi getting the chances we create and miss on a regular basis. Half chances turned into goals, sitters routinely despatched. Packed defencies? Nobody deals with them better.
Pure fantasy of course, not least because of
possible border closures due to covid. But it is do-able, Fingers crossed......

Unique player, unique situation, with no precedent. Manchester versus Barcelona ? Laughable. Does it matter? Not one bit
For one season, he could virtually commute,
limo from ground to the airport, private jet to
Barcelona, piece of piss. A younger player would
have to consider far more eapecially with a family and a future to consider. It's conceivable that he could keep fit at home, and only spend a couple of days in M'chester. Tactics would never be an issue, on the pitch a free role using his vast experience and Pep's trust. Imagine Messi getting the chances we create and miss on a regular basis. Half chances turned into goals, sitters routinely despatched. Packed defencies? Nobody deals with them better.
Pure fantasy of course, not least because of
possible border closures due to covid. But it is do-able, Fingers crossed......
Isn't a huge part of the appeal the influence he will have on the rest of the squad training with him day in, day out?

Alternative perspective for which i may get pelters:

For a player to have almost single handedly created the problems barca are in, if he then leaves because the club he contributed to bankrupting can no longer pay him astronomical money, thats pretty crap. Barca have given him everything and now the club needs him. Not expecting him to play for free, but how about play for a “normal” 100k-200k wage for 2 years and help the club recover.

(yes i know he didnt make the decision to pay himself ridiculous money, but im sure he negotiated hard for them to go as high as they did and he was happy to take it while it was on offer)

Alternative perspective for which i may get pelters:

For a player to have almost single handedly created the problems barca are in, if he then leaves because the club he contributed to bankrupting can no longer pay him astronomical money, thats pretty crap. Barca have given him everything and now the club needs him. Not expecting him to play for free, but how about play for a “normal” 100k-200k wage for 2 years and help the club recover.

(yes i know he didnt make the decision to pay himself ridiculous money, but im sure he negotiated hard for them to go as high as they did and he was happy to take it while it was on offer)
I don't think that you can blame Messi for doing it single handedly. I think of the amount of sponsorship and income he has brought into the club over the years, that has allowed them to pay the extortionate fees and wages recently of players like Griezmann, FDJ and Dembele, that haven't contributed half as much as Messi. He cost them nothing but his wages, which I bet have been more than covered over the years.

I don't understand some of the people on this thread. If Messi had any genuine desire to leave Barcelona it would be done. At the end of the day they're the only team in the world that will go anywhere near his ridiculous wages so he'd rather stay there than push himself.

In the age of player power, Messi has more power than anyone, and he would certainly be gone by now if that was his wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.