Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand some of the people on this thread. If Messi had any genuine desire to leave Barcelona it would be done. At the end of the day they're the only team in the world that will go anywhere near his ridiculous wages so he'd rather stay there than push himself.

In the age of player power, Messi has more power than anyone, and he would certainly be gone by now if that was his wish.
I think you might need to go back a few hundred pages and catch up ;)

I don't understand some of the people on this thread. If Messi had any genuine desire to leave Barcelona it would be done. At the end of the day they're the only team in the world that will go anywhere near his ridiculous wages so he'd rather stay there than push himself.

In the age of player power, Messi has more power than anyone, and he would certainly be gone by now if that was his wish.
And if he was staying,that would also be done,would it not?
Whether he wants to stay or not.....they can't afford him.

If barca can't get their wage bill down or persuade tebas to relax the rules it doesn't matter what he wants.

If what was happening at Barcelona right now was happening at City it would be relentless in the press - financially ruined. I’m actually intrigued to see how it all pans out, regardless of the Messi situation. No doubt the rules will be bent for Covid-19 in the coming months.

Imagine sitting in a dressing room with 10-15 other blokes,(some of them good friends)all staring at you,thinking "my wage has been halved to get you a few more quid"
It sure will be awkward if he stays.
The last people to realise that it’s impossible for Messi to stay is Laporta and Messi.

Unless he is prepared to play for free or peppercorn wages.

The last people to realise that it’s impossible for Messi to stay is Laporta and Messi.

Unless he is prepared to play for free or peppercorn wages.
I actually think Messi knows and has given them a date.
Maybe he said summat along the lines of "get it sorted for when I'm back off my hols,if not,I'm going"
Could be seen as both parties trying their best,both knowing it's impossible....dunno,just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.