Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really pissed off because they are only getting a salary of about £20 million ? Imagine how would you feel if you only got a salary of £20 million and one of your colleagues was paid more. You'd resign or go on strike.
Sadly not human nature, take a look at the pay issues at the BBC.

[ABC] "Real Madrid is filing a criminal complaint against Javier Tebas, Javier de Jaime and the CVC fund "for unfair administration and fraud". Data send to the clubs state that if La Liga maintains the 10% growth rate, CVC could earn up to €229.4B from La Liga while investing 2.7B."

La Liga is falling apart. Best player for the league and Barca gone like nothing, now all that's left is infighting and lawsuits.
They could start a new show called Golfing with Bale to get more revenue.

Really pissed off because they are only getting a salary of about £20 million ? Imagine how would you feel if you only got a salary of £20 million and one of your colleagues was paid more. You'd resign or go on strike.
I think would totally have been an issue with Haaland, if it's true that he was asking for huge wages.

Messi - not so much. No-one can say they're close in terms of ability, and frankly I suspect he's just about the only player that most of the City squad would be excited to play with!

From a PR point of view City are playing this perfectly. They have prioritised giving England's best players - both in their team already and two signings this Summer who are the mainstay of England's near future - over buying a show pony who will make vast sums of money off the pitch and very likely have a good game every few weeks against PL opposition.

The irony is PSG will get kudos for being bold and signing the genius whilst putting their FPP compliance in jeopardy in any sane world.

And despite doing the best thing imaginable for the England team by giving the bulk of them real big games and play against the opposition they must challenge in the Euros and World Cup - the media will still play it as City ruining football by stealing all the good players out of greed.

Time the media actually saw the bigger picture about all the good things City's owners have achieved for lhe local community in the city and are now aiming to achieve for England.

All England fans should be celebrating Pep training the bulk of the England squad.

Pep doesn't 'usually' do that though does he, he hasn't 'created' that before as such. At both Barcelona and Bayern, that was already the case. He bought as many foreign players as he did native ones at both, at at Bayern I dare guess more.

For me if he was looking to do that, probably would have done it 4 or 5 years ago. There may be something in futureproofing against changing quotas but generally I think he is going for the players he happens to think are best fit, and proven in the league. Rather than because they are natives.

Agree with all the rest entirely.

That’s a fair point, he maintained rather than created, but it is something we know he prefers.

Agree on the quotas thing, it’s either due to brexit making permits a pain and very difficult or additional quotas being considered. Either way it seems a sensible thing to do given the wealth of talent in the younger end of the English game too.

Try looking at La Liga table and think of the last times Messi's barcelona went up against top European sides:
PSG, Liverpool, Bayern Munich. Cut to pieces.

You’re right Marv, all those 3 teams cut Barca apart. I remember thinking at the time that Messi is terrible at centre back, full back & centre mid. Not sure why they didn’t play him as a forward to create & score goals like he did in at least 2 of those 3 games you mentioned where they got cut to pieces

Bonkers to blame a forward for defensive & midfield deficiencies of a team wouldn’t you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.