Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a writer for BBC Sport

So stands to reason he is either clueless, or disingenuous.

Look at how they presented Messi's quote on the PSG picture for a good example.

Honestly, nothing in it for me and you to get arsey over this. What both Tebas and Laporta have claimed is that Barcelona can sign and register whomever they want. As long as it is only 25% of additional savings and revenue, whilst they are over the cap from last year.

So they can sign a player for 25m transfer fee, if they make 100m in sales. They can offer a player 25k a week, if they get 100k a week off the overall bill. It is that simple.

That is how they plan to register garcia aguero depay etc who carry no transfer fee and only wages. Laporta claimed they may well be able to find the savings

All footballers wages are insane mate. I just think like in any other industry the best should get paid the most so if fairly average players are walking away with 150k a week it stands to reason those at the very top of the tree will earn considerably more.
The horse has long since bolted in regards to greed in the game.
Agree 100%. They're all greedy, however if they weren't getting it the owners would just hoover it up. The one thing that is forgotten in all this greed is that fans, and by and large footie fans are working class, are paying over and above for tickets, for food and drink at the ground and absolutely insane prices for football shirts. Unfortunately Messi's, and the other top player's wages will always take the headlines. However, there are players in the Championship who are earning upwards of £20k a week - £1m a year to play in the Championship in grounds that aren't full. It's fucking insane and it's not just at the clubs who have recently been relegated.

I think a lot of people have been saying for some time that it isn't sustainable. Maybe because of the Prem money coming in from Sky/BT/Prime/BBC that we can sustain it for a while, but the top two in Spain look fucked and a few teams in Italy. That said, you know for a fucking fact that if Mbappe or Haaland appear on the horizon that Real will find the money - not sure Barca could any more.

Generally it’s a shite hole, I’m there in usually times once or twice a month and even the supposedly nicer areas are crap - getting off the Eurostar and walking out into London is like travelling from a third world country into the future.

So what are your thoughts when you get on the train from London Euston & get off at Manchester Piccadilly :-)

Whoever Messi goes to, the clubs and fans of the teams that don't get him will be envious and I don't blame them.
The time Pep was at Barca was the best Messi and possibly the best team we ever saw. However Pep has said himself they don't keep in touch.. professional respect between the two but close friendship? No. That's why we've never been the favourites to sign him.
All Lionel's football pals are at PSG. Qatar decisive maybe seeing as World Cup arriving, Qatar have sponsored Barca and contributed to Messi's wages too, and the Barca chairman spotted in Qatar yesterday confirming Messi is on his way to.. PSG. Messi will give it a few days and sign for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.