Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't comparing the nationalities, I was comparing the quality of player coming in from each league regardless of their nationality. It wasn't my only point and wasn't offering anything definitive, simply an example to counter the point made about the Italian league being seen as a test whereas the French league is deemed a farmers league. There's very little difference in quality between the two leagues.
I'm sorry. I didn't see anything other than you saying,

"Look at how many players in the Premier league have come from France and look at what's come from Italy"

How could I not have known you were comparing the quality of player? My mistake?

I'm sorry. I didn't see anything other than you saying,

"Look at how many players in the Premier league have come from France and look at what's come from Italy"

How could I not have known you were comparing the quality of player? My mistake?
In relation to the post I was quoting, I think what I said was fine and made the point I was trying to make adequately.

That point being the standard of the French league isn't dissimilar to the Italian.

I don’t care
He's not wrong though. PSG went big on Neymar and Mbappe and it cost them a couple of windows because of it. They've had to rely largely on freebies and loans as well as trimming the squad last couple of windows to comply with FFP. In fact, we've spent a good chunk more than PSG in total since and including the window they bought Neymar.

This Messi thread has really shown our fans are no better than the rest of the league when it comes to throwing out uninformed crap about FFP. Didn't we just spend about a fortnight laughing at clueless villa fans for doing the same thing many of us are now saying about PSG?

He's not wrong though. PSG went big on Neymar and Mbappe and it cost them a couple of windows because of it. They've had to rely largely on freebies and loans as well as trimming the squad last couple of windows to comply with FFP. In fact, we've spent a good chunk more than PSG in total since and including the window they bought Neymar.

This Messi thread has really shown our fans are no better than the rest of the league when it comes to throwing out uninformed crap about FFP. Didn't we just spend about a fortnight laughing at clueless villa fans for doing the same thing many of us are now saying about PSG?
Again, I don’t care, psg can fuck off, they are not like us. they have an executive on the Uefa board, they have never been really chased after or prosecuted as we have.
they’re a tool to make us look worse, “clubs like psg and man city” always the way, when it’s them spending a ridiculous amount of money on wages and we get blamed for it.
I hate psg and I hate their fans telling me they’ve also been through it, they can enjoy spending £2mil a month on wages while people pretend to be outrage but never do anything as per usual.

Again, I don’t care.
Gets pissed off about something that's not even correct but doesn't care enough to stand corrected. Top man.

Why does it piss you off so much in the first place if you don't care?

Edit- Seeing as you edited to include more than you not caring, I'll do the same.

PSG had the exact same punishment for FFP breaches as we got, they suffered further intense scrutiny and another investigation after they signed Neymar and Mbappe for no reason other than people had decided it looked dodgy, there was nothing to suggest that, but was still investigated before being cleared.

We only suffered a further investigation after our initial charge because of leaked/hacked documents.

For all the money they spend on ridiculous wages, until this summer, city have a higher wage bill. They choose to top load their wage bill with the top earners getting eye watering sums that put our top earners to shame but they make concessions elsewhere. doesn't matter how its split all that matters is the total and until this summer its been lower than ours and the two clubs bring in roughly the same amount of revenue too.

If you're throwing random FFP accusations at them then you have to accept and acknowledge the bullshit ones we get from the bitterest of fans as credible.

Last edited:
You can find fans of City here who didn't want Messi at all while some were in frenzy. There are even some who think Grealish has more marketing power than Messi. Different people, different opinions.

The PSG fans i know, those on PSG forum are overwhelmingly excited and are rejoicing.

And just for the transfer muppetry it is so good. Nobody is a professional fan and we can't just stay rational all the time nitpicking some details like Messi salary or his age or his lack of back tracking. We want to embrace the fun and dream. If it ends in disaster on the pitch, too bad, the time will come to cry. Now, the time is to enjoy.
No mate, I mean - as someone who lives in Paris, and has done for the majority of the past 21 years - whilst being excited, most seem to agree that its not a great idea financially or from a team harmony point of view.

Then again, I know more 'old school' PSG fans, not the 'new breed'.

Yep, fickleness of football fans sadly. Whilst laughing at villa fans reading into every small thing to go in their favour, like many on here now thinking messi will be coming here. Not a chance.

I wasn't comparing the nationalities, I was comparing the quality of player coming in from each league regardless of their nationality. It wasn't my only point and wasn't offering anything definitive, simply an example to counter the point made about the Italian league being seen as a test whereas the French league is deemed a farmers league. There's very little difference in quality between the two leagues.
Both the French league and Italian leagues have twelve teams who would struggle in championship. I have lost all respect for Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.