Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone thinks we shouldn't sign Messi given the opportunity, then you are ludicrously out of touch IMO. He is the greatest player to have ever played the game and he's the most famous, recognisable and therefore marketable footballer on the market. He'd make back his transfer fee back in a year.

If Messi's available, we go for it regardless of any other transfer activity, it's a stand alone deal for me.

Sign Messi win everything simples. Thing is I reckon only 1 in 10 chance that is based on media speculation only personally it will never happen.

Whether we will ever sign Messi is obviously dependent on circumstances but, what I'd say to anyone suggesting he's 'too old' is; Zlatan and Defoe, the 4th and 6th in PL top scorers, who are 35 and 34 respectively. He's a year older than both Sanchez and Aguero and God only knows how much younger he is than Costa!

Whether we will ever sign Messi is obviously dependent on circumstances but, what I'd say to anyone suggesting he's 'too old' is; Zlatan and Defoe, the 4th and 6th in PL top scorers, who are 35 and 34 respectively. He's a year older than both Sanchez and Aguero and God only knows how much younger he is than Costa!
Lol

Not gonna lie that made me laugh. But you have the cheek to call me a strawman??

Let me make it clearer for you. Messi is the greatest player to have ever lived when he is playing for Barcalona. Nobody knows if he can replicate that for another club but we can look at how he's played for Argentina. He's done okay, nothing special. So there are two sides of that, he fits in well at Barca because it's a system that is tailor made for him and can he do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke.

You can argue all you like and make out that my argument is redundant but how on earth can you not admit that age isn't on his side?
Long straw man or short straw man?

I have allways said he would not leave Barca Why would he, but if he was to leave it would be this summer, and if he does then i believe we would be top of his list of destinations, Barca do need the money and they have 2 other world class forwards so they may push him out for the sake of the money.

I have allways said he would not leave Barca Why would he, but if he was to leave it would be this summer, and if he does then i believe we would be top of his list of destinations, Barca do need the money and they have 2 other world class forwards so they may push him out for the sake of the money.
Yeah I reckon they need money too. Their midfield requires rebuilding. Xavi is gone and Iniesta is on the wane. But Barca is already on the limit paying the wages of their 3 forwards. Maybe our friend FCBarca has some comments about this.

Yeah I reckon they need money too. Their midfield requires rebuilding. Xavi is gone and Iniesta is on the wane. But Barca is already on the limit paying the wages of their 3 forwards. Maybe our friend FCBarca has some comments about this.
It's not that they're on their own financial limits paying the wages of those 3 forwards, there's a La Liga rule that states wages can't top 70% of turnover, which they're on the limit of. They've dealt with this previously by downsizing the squad which has left them dangerously thin in other areas (namely full backs and midfield). They also need a cash injection to renovate the Nou Camp. Their best option really from a footballing POV would be to sell one of the star forwards and use the room on the wages bill to rebuild midfield with the cash injection going as a downpayment on the stadium.

It's not that they're on their own financial limits paying the wages of those 3 forwards, there's a La Liga rule that states wages can't top 70% of turnover, which they're on the limit of. They've dealt with this previously by downsizing the squad which has left them dangerously thin in other areas (namely full backs and midfield). They also need a cash injection to renovate the Nou Camp. Their best option really from a footballing POV would be to sell one of the star forwards and use the room on the wages bill to rebuild midfield with the cash injection going as a downpayment on the stadium.
You are well informed mate :-)
Perhaps we should hope that Barca keep all 3 forwards, so they don't have funds to improve in the other areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.