Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are well informed mate :-)
Perhaps we should hope that Barca keep all 3 forwards, so they don't have funds to improve in the other areas.
Definitely isn't the worst thing in the world if they keep Messi and Suarez, time is limited for both but it will stop them from improving in other areas or replacing either for a few years which will see them fall behind. Losing Neymar would be a disaster for them from a footballing and commercial point of view though, leaves them without a genuine superstar to 'carry the flag' in a few years for the first time since the 80s.

Ooh hello

City believe Lionel Messi (29) is set to quit Barcelona and have become more confident they can seal a £100m deal for him. [@MullockSMirror]

Messi’s father, Jorge, has no plans to talk to Barcelona about extending his contract, which has 16 months to run. [@MullockSMirror]

Rather we invested in the future rather than expensive Mercenaries.

I think we should be in for him. It would give us a problem with having Jesus and Aguero already in the same squad and already to good to be on the bench but if he is going to move we should be at the table. It would throw Aguero's future in doubt but i'd still take the chance and look to get them all in the same team.

If he went anywhere else it would be gutting!

I think we should be in for him. It would give us a problem with having Jesus and Aguero already in the same squad and already to good to be on the bench but if he is going to move we should be at the table. It would throw Aguero's future in doubt but i'd still take the chance and look to get them all in the same team.
He could always play left back.

It's Leo messi. He will pay for himself in no time. He is one of the most marketable players in the world. He is probably the greatest footballer of all time. And walks into any team. Whoever doesn't want him is mad.

so over the development of our academy (apparently we have the best)

You'd be happy for paying over the odds for a footballer who's sole interest would be just for money moving over to here, who is 28/29 years old and could retire now and live the rest of his life in luxury.

You would want to do that?

Someone in this thread compared Messi to Robinho. I'm literally stunned.

You'd be happy for paying over the odds for a footballer who's sole interest would be just for money moving over to here, who is 28/29 years old and could retire now and live the rest of his life in luxury.

You would want to do that?

He's the best player in football, potentially the history of football. It doesn't matter what his motives are, his ability is unrivalled and desirable by anyone who wants to be successful.

If he's available City will write a blank cheque for him, it's not even a question.

Someone in this thread compared Messi to Robinho. I'm literally stunned.

He's the best player in football, potentially the history of football. It doesn't matter what his motives are, his ability is unrivalled and desirable by anyone who wants to be successful.

If he's available City will write a blank cheque for him, it's not even a question.

Comparing him as a mercenary not his footballing abilities.

I noticed you kept that part out.

Thanks for confirming what I just put btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.