Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said the same about Pep coming to City. Look at the people involved and their relationships and it's pretty obvious if Messi leaves Barcelona for another club in Europe in the next 12 months it will ONLY be City just as when Pep was leaving Bayern it was ONLY ever going to be City.
Correctamundo!

People said the same about Pep coming to City. Look at the people involved and their relationships and it's pretty obvious if Messi leaves Barcelona for another club in Europe in the next 12 months it will ONLY be City just as when Pep was leaving Bayern it was ONLY ever going to be City.
Tot the same of Dani Alvez too. Then his wife said Paris?

And that was all she wrote... Until it happens in staying in the "I don't believe it camp."

Tot the same of Dani Alvez too. Then his wife said Paris?

And that was all she wrote... Until it happens in staying in the "I don't believe it camp."

It has since transpired, I think, that Alves knew about the impending Neymar situation.

I don't believe Messi would give a toss about joining those two.

But I'm sure his goal in all this, is change at Barca. Only if that fails, will any transfer become possible, & chances are, he'll get the change he is asking for. People will be promising him that, on the quiet.

If he was on a free couldnt PSG blow us out of the water wages wise

Others would bd in for him ss well....bayern chelsea even utd....teams in china...usa...all could offer the wages we could and more...

People talk as if its a forgone conclusion that he would come to us....its not

Totally agree.

If it comes to this it would be the greatest free for all in football history. You would have every possible football club worldwide searching the back of the sofas trying to get a piece of the action.

It would be similar to going from a one to one negotiation to a public tender/highest bidder situation.

In my opinion acquiring managers & players are two separate animals. For us to think Messi will only go to us if on a free next year simply because of Pep is very naive, especially in this football day & age.

I reckon the money needed to acquire Messi's services via a free may end up costing more in total than his original release/buy out clause.

Money talks & if we had any chance of acquiring Messi, I would rather it be done now than possibly waiting it out & allowing for the rats to get a sniff.

The only way Messi leaves Barca on a "free" is if he knows he can pocket the majority of the money himself. Im sure getting £200m paid into his bank must seem quite appealing.

Totally agree.

If it comes to this it would be the greatest free for all in football history. You would have every possible football club worldwide searching the back of the sofas trying to get a piece of the action.

It would be similar to going from a one to one negotiation to a public tender/highest bidder situation.

In my opinion acquiring managers & players are two separate animals. For us to think Messi will only go to us if on a free next year simply because of Pep is very naive, especially in this football day & age.

I reckon the money needed to acquire Messi's services via a free may end up costing more in total than his original release/buy out clause.

Money talks & if we had any chance of acquiring Messi, I would rather it be done now than possibly waiting it out & allowing for the rats to get a sniff.

It won't cost more than 250 mil, plus his ridiculous wages etc. If you gave him the 250 mil, rather than giving it to Barca, that would be 1 million pw for 5 years.

If it was going to cost more to sign him for free, everyone interested would just offer to pay his buyout clause now.

If Messi ever leaves Barca, he will sign for the club he feels most 'at home' rather than just the biggest payer, he'll make a mint wherever he goes, & that puts City in the driving seat.

If Messi signs I will absolutely obliterate the front of my underpants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.