Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has Messi said about us? As far as I know, not mentioned us once.

If he wants the management at Barca gone (rightly so IMO) then doing whatever he can to get Laporta back to save that club is fine.

If that doesn't happen then he thinks the club will be a mess and not challenging for trophies, so doesn't want to play under that management, therefore we have a chance of signing him.

I dont see whats wrong...

He's not putting himself over the club... He's trying to save it from the mess... If he cant... he wants out...

This. It's pure speculation at this point but it would not surprise me if Messi does not sign the renewal and begin negotiating his free transfer starting January to come to City in summer 2018 even if the board brings in quality reinforcements within the next 8 days (Spain Transfer deadline). Ideally, the board would be ousted via the ongoing vote of no confidence petition that would trigger elections in which case Messi would stay, irrespective of what signings are made.

Something is definitely brewing internally and fortunately the players look to be exerting some influence

What has Messi said about us? As far as I know, not mentioned us once.

If he wants the management at Barca gone (rightly so IMO) then doing whatever he can to get Laporta back to save that club is fine.

If that doesn't happen then he thinks the club will be a mess and not challenging for trophies, so doesn't want to play under that management, therefore we have a chance of signing him.

I dont see whats wrong...

He's not putting himself over the club... He's trying to save it from the mess... If he cant... he wants out...
+1
Messi's club is Barca for life provided that management doesn't implode - which it currently is.

I think that Messi is simply trying to drive management change which is hugely justifiable. As you say - if this fails - Messi might well leave - and for me, the most likely destination would be City.

I wonder what odds you would get on an emergency club election AND pep to return as manager before the end of this season?

This. It's pure speculation at this point but it would not surprise me if Messi does not sign the renewal and begin negotiating his free transfer starting January to come to City in summer 2018 even if the board brings in quality reinforcements within the next 8 days (Spain Transfer deadline). Ideally, the board would be ousted via the ongoing vote of no confidence petition that would trigger elections in which case Messi would stay, irrespective of what signings are made.

Something is definitely brewing internally and fortunately the players look to be exerting some influence

I hope so, for your team. I like Barca, and I used to like how the club was run, but recently that has gone...

Of course i would love to see him in a City top but something would be very wrong if he was allowed to leave.

Messi should be doing all he can to instigate change at the top, its got that bad at Barca...

I hope so, for your team. I like Barca, and I used to like how the club was run, but recently that has gone...

Of course i would love to see him in a City top but something would be very wrong if he was allowed to leave.

Messi should be doing all he can to instigate change at the top, its got that bad at Barca...

Well, as a fan, I want the club properly run and right now (And for the past 7 years) we have a disastrous board (Trump level) and it's only natural that some would be looking to abandon ship. Messi, is well Messi. Fans, in general, want the best for him & the club but few would begrudge him leaving if a dramatic course reversal does not take place. I certainly wouldn't and everyone knows the relationship he has with Pep

Heard interesting conversation with Tim Vickery on radio wireless thingy. He was saying he was surprised the Messi stories to us aren't bigger over here as pretty big in Arg at the moment saying could sign pre-contract agreement with us in Jan for 2018 on.

Last edited:
Heard interesting conversation with Tim Vickery on radio wireless thingy. He was saying he was surprised the Messi stories to us aren't bigger over here as pretty big in Arg at the moment saying could sign pre-contract agreement with us in Jan for 2018 on.
Strap back if that happens then no way we ever get any decisions from Christmas onwards for the next five years, officials will be lining up to shaft on that skunk scudamores orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.