Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelo is more like sticking plaster in regards to LB. We could with one. I don't really trust him against Bayern (if we get there)

For next season we would also have Ake who could play their

I do agree though that we could do with a recognised LB to compete/replace Mendy but we have other areas where money needs spending

Another CB and a CF of quality to come in ready to replace Serg

For next season we would also have Ake who could play their

I do agree though that we could do with a recognised LB to compete/replace Mendy but we have other areas where money needs spending

Another CB and a CF of quality to come in ready to replace Serg

Ake isn't an attacking full back. Laporte could play as a LB but I wouldn't want to see him there either. Scratch that I sped read your post.

Why do people talk as if Messi elevated a mediocre team like Getafe or even Girona do 2nd place in La Liga while playing with a bunch of nobodies?

His league stats are fantastic (in the CL they are nothing special this season) but absolutely everything goes through him to an extent I very much doubt is good for Barca. He has become bigger than the team: they work for his relentless stats padding and must cover his complete absense in defence.

If we organise absolutely everything around KDB he will have no problems assisting 30 goals and breaking all assisting records. But City would be worse off. E.g. Barca have put all their eggs in Messi's basket and still fail to outscore Atalanta.

Messi and Ronaldo are among the best players ever but gradually they have become bigger than their teams and the teams they play for serve to boost their egos. From best players ever they have turned into stat padding machines, often at the expense of the teams themselves. Ronaldo at least can press sometimes, Messi is the complete passenger when it comes to defence, no matter how important the game is. The laziest great player ever. I'd be astonished if Pep wanted him here. We can score 150 goals without him. Thanks, no, thanks.

Last edited:
Why do people talk as if Messi elevated a mediocre team like Getafe or even Girona do 2nd place in La Liga while playing with a bunch of nobodies?

His league stats are fantastic (in the CL there are nothing special this season) but absolutely everything goes through him to an extent I very much doubt is good for Barca. He has become bigger than the team: they work for his relentless stats padding and must cover his complete absense in defence.

If we organise absolutely everything around KDB he will have no problems assisting 30 goals and breaking all assisting records. But City would be worse off. E.g. Barca have put all their eggs in Messi's basket and still fail to outscore Atalanta.

Messi and Ronaldo are among the best players ever but gradually they have become bigger than their teams and the teams they play for serve to boost their egos. From best players ever they have turned into stat padding machines, often at the expense of the teams themselves. Ronaldo at least can press sometimes, Messi is the complete passenger when it comes to defence, no matter how important the game is. The laziest great player ever. I'd be astonished if Pep wanted him here. We can score 150 goals without him. Thanks, no, thanks.

Although Messi at his absolute peak shades it for me. A balanced post none the less.

If Messi was coming here, I would be happy if he did it as a humble team player, who was happy to take similar wages to the others & come here strictly to play football.

Otherwise, it would be the end of rebuilding the next generation of a team & just be Messi's retirement home & he can fuck right off with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.