Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now he realises he's finding it difficult to lead the team, he's taken himself off the wage bill.

Messi keeps asking for more & more money, getting people fired & trying to run the show generally. He's like a bloke who slaps his wife around then shags her & tells her he loves her.

You certainly aren’t wrong there Nev. harsh realities and all that.

Some people on here seem very concerned, even scared about the possibility of this transfer (and its a very small possibility at that)

Some people on here seem very concerned, even scared about the possibility of this transfer (and its a very small possibility at that)

Reasonable, to be fair. It’s literally CL+PL , +fa and or milk cup or bust. Not sure Messi has the sack for that or Pep for that matter.

or like Barca fans seem to think - he sees a load of beaurocrats destroying his club and running it really badly

...and ptetends he's leaving, every few years, to help the club by intimidating said beaurocrats into paying him ludicrous wages, so they put the club into more & more debt...

Not sure about that one tbh.

You certainly aren’t wrong there Nev. harsh realities and all that.

The whole narrative that Messi selfishly eats up all of Barcelona's money and that's why they don't do well is a complete fiction.

Their wage bill is £450m. That's £360m without Messi, which would be the second highest in Europe.

They have spent £1 Billion in transfer fees since they last won the CL 5 years ago.

@Neville Kneville's idea that Messi is the person putting the club into debt just doesn't hold water at all, as soon as you look into it. Yeah, he earns a shit ton, but he brings in a lot more, and that's how they've managed to finance the biggest money wasting operation in global sports.

As for trying to get people sacked, it's taken until 2019 for him to really say anything about anyone. Before that he was criticised for staying quiet and not rocking the boat when it was clear the club was going downhill at a rate of knots.

The whole narrative that Messi selfishly eats up all of Barcelona's money and that's why they don't do well is a complete fiction.

Their wage bill is £450m. That's £360m without Messi, which would be the second highest in Europe.

They have spent £1 Billion in transfer fees since they last won the CL 5 years ago.

@Neville Kneville's idea that Messi is the person putting the club into debt just doesn't hold water at all, as soon as you look into it.

Just the 90 mil py then.

And keeps threatening to leave, to get more, but loves them.

@domalino

I’ll always side with the players for taking the billionaire corrupt owners for a ride, but nev is spot on. I wouldn’t want KDB pulling these shenanigans. It’s toxic.

And now he realises he's finding it difficult to lead the team, he's taken himself off the wage bill.

Messi keeps asking for more & more money, getting people fired & trying to run the show generally. He's like a bloke who slaps his wife around then shags her & tells her he loves her.

Except, it's a billion dollar football club, and not a woman being beaten up, so it's not really like that at all. A multi millionaire getting more money out of a billionaire club is not quite the same as hitting a woman is it? Bit harsh and not a fair moral comparison. I get your metaphor in a way, but its worth remembering that Messi probs has little sympathy for Barcelona's finances, and in all truth, why should he? He probably can't stand the current chairmen and leadership team too. Doesn't mean he doesn't love the city, the fans, what the club means to him, the staff who he works with on a day to day basis etc. The club will still be ridiculously rich and win trophies long after he's gone. They'll clear that debt and get money off the state or sumat like they always have. Also, he's Lionel fucking Messi. If I was possibly the greatest ever in my job you're damn right i'd use my position to make sure the situation unfolded how I wanted it to if I could.

Except, it's a billion dollar football club, and not a woman being beaten up, so it's not really like that at all. A multi millionaire getting more money out of a billionaire club is not quite the same as hitting a woman is it? Bit harsh and not a fair moral comparison. I get your metaphor in a way, but its worth remembering that Messi probs has little sympathy for Barcelona's finances, and in all truth, why should he? He probably can't stand the current chairmen and leadership team too. Doesn't mean he doesn't love the city, the fans, what the club means to him, the staff who he works with on a day to day basis etc. The club will still be ridiculously rich and win trophies long after he's gone. They'll clear that debt and get money off the state or sumat like they always have. Also, he's Lionel fucking Messi. If I was possibly the greatest ever in my job you're damn right i'd use my position to make sure the situation unfolded how I wanted it to if I could.
I would also say the amount of money, sponsorship and general medi exposure Lionel Messi has brought to FC Barca, he more than deserves his vast wages.
Barcelona, especially the Pep Barca were most football peoples 2nd club and Messi was a huge part of that reason.

@domalino

I’ll always side with the players for taking the billionaire corrupt owners for a ride, but nev is spot on. I wouldn’t want KDB pulling these shenanigans. It’s toxic.

Barcelona are a toxic club though. Ridiculously toxic. I guarantee players at City would fight back if we had a chairman anywhere near as toxic as this fella. Bartomeu literally hired a social media company to attack his rivals for the position, also denigrating players etc. The gloves are off entirely. This isn't anything like Man City's structure. Barca are an absolute rank mess. They got Abidal to fire a manager, then sacked Abidal the next day ffs!

I don't deny for one second that Messi has been drawn into this toxicity, but everyone has at Barcelona. Don't forget Pep left Barcelona because he felt the politics was too tiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.