Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch La Liga this season but he's been very average this season in the Champions League. Most football fans absolutely love Messi but his time is up, hence he can no longer carry Barcelona.

If I were him I'd see out my days at Barcelona and retire. He'd get exposed in the Premier League. Technically La Liga is better than the Premier League but Liverpool and Manchester City completely overwhelmed Barcelona and Real Madrid in the past two seasons which is indicative of the difference in physicality of two leagues. Messi still prospers in La Liga because he has space and time in a still domestically strong Barcelona side. Don't let that mislead you. His time is up. Stop dreaming.
Seeing Messi in the Premier league and in sky blue would be wonderful but he would cost hundreds of millions in wages and probably transfer fees.
We have bigger long term priorities, we must replace Kun long term, we must sort out LB once and for all, we must get at least one more high class CB.
Messi would be coming for the wrong reasons, he is pissed at Barca, unsurprising , but would he really want to come to us at 33 for footballing reasons?

I didn't watch La Liga this season but he's been very average this season in the Champions League. Most football fans absolutely love Messi but his time is up, hence he can no longer carry Barcelona.

If I were him I'd see out my days at Barcelona and retire. He'd get exposed in the Premier League. Technically La Liga is better than the Premier League but Liverpool and Manchester City completely overwhelmed Barcelona and Real Madrid in the past two seasons which is indicative of the difference in physicality of two leagues. Messi still prospers in La Liga because he has space and time in a still domestically strong Barcelona side. Don't let that mislead you. His time is up. Stop dreaming.

Messi has never carried Barcelona, he's been the jewel in their crown. They simply don't have the team behind him any more. When you compare the team to any of theirs in recent history it absolutely pales in comparison.

Messi has never carried Barcelona, he's been the jewel in their crown. They simply don't have the team behind him any more. When you compare the team to any of theirs in recent history it absolutely pales in comparison.
I would say he has carried Barca in the last 2/3 seasons.

Without him they would be very ordinary and this year even with him they are poor.

yaya talking shit about Pep then bigging up messi to city. Fair play yaya for hedging bets. Love ya pal :)

the petty king.

" I could see him playing for City because Guardiola knows him and he could put him in this City team to play his football." What a really weird thing to say.

Says who?
The official line is, €700m buy-out.

Either way, do you think Koeman, a barca legend and fresh into a poisoned chalice role, will want to be seen as the manager that let messi go? ditto the president. Not happening
Perhaps Barcelona may be pleased to see him go. Too much influence and they have intimated at a rebuild which will take 3 years.

Even Sly Sports are quoting the links yesterday that Messi has supposedly told Koeman/Barca that he is "more out that in the club at the moment."

However I just cant see him leaving - his legacy would take a bit of a hit. He loves the club clearly and I think that will be the bit that keeps him there.

His ability isn't in question (although there will be a point where he will start his decline) but its the whole circus that surrounds Messi which I just find really off putting.

Ignore that - its his ability on the pitch that should be the only focus of fans as long as he doesnt bring the club into disrepute (shagging prostitute grannies, sleeping with his brothers wife - worse players have got away with far more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.