Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong shade of blue.

Maybe Citi bank, especially with the sums involved.
I've 100% seen a picture of Mansour's son in a City shirt with " Citi bank" as the sponsor.
Was a couple of years back.Think it was something to do with a football academy/soccer school in Abu Dhabi?

Of course City will sign Messi if his father gives any indication to the City board that he wants to come here. City board would not be even debating this.

City signing Messi would make City iconic club even if we never win the Champions League. For that prestige alone, he is is worth it easily.

That iconic status would also make attracting players post Pep much much easier. It would be extremely short sighted not to sign him if it was indeed possible. I have no idea though if it is.

I really don’t want this deal and it would smack of trying to be a big club rather than actually operating like a big club.

You probably aren’t looking at too much in the difference between Messi and Mbappe, but one will give you 6 or more years and the other could break down by Christmas. At his age it makes no sense whatsoever to invest a cent into a deal...I don’t care how “epic” it sounds.

Put the money into Haaland. Pay Sane what he was asking for. Absolutely break the bank for Mbappe.

thats the moves we should be making, not spunking millions on what could be Michael Owen at Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.