Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t want this deal and it would smack of trying to be a big club rather than actually operating like a big club.

You probably aren’t looking at too much in the difference between Messi and Mbappe, but one will give you 6 or more years and the other could break down by Christmas. At his age it makes no sense whatsoever to invest a cent into a deal...I don’t care how “epic” it sounds.

Put the money into Haaland. Pay Sane what he was asking for. Absolutely break the bank for Mbappe.

thats the moves we should be making, not spunking millions on what could be Michael Owen at Newcastle.
No, signing Messi doesn't make us look trying to be a big club. Signing Messi would make us iconic, City's perception would immediately change. It would be like winning the Champions League but even bigger.

History would show that the greatest player of ALL TIME played for another club than Barcelona, which he loved and no one thought it was even possible. That club was Manchester City.

You don't think that unbelievable prestige and the huge following we would get, which would last for decades is worth it?

Suarez apparently informed today by Koeman directly that he will not be counted on for next season. Coupled with Clarin (Closest thing you can expect to hear with reliability with respect to the Messi camp) reports on how unhappy Leo has been with recent club actions, would say this remains more out than in for him

Suarez apparently informed today by Koeman directly that he will not be counted on for next season. Coupled with Clarin (Closest thing you can expect to hear with reliability with respect to the Messi camp) reports on how unhappy Leo has been with recent club actions, would say this remains more out than in for him
Suarez being pushed out would definitely be bad for Messi staying considering thats his best friend aye

No, signing Messi doesn't make us look trying to be a big club. Signing Messi would make us iconic, City's perception would immediately change. It would be like winning the Champions League but even bigger.

History would show that the greatest player of ALL TIME played for another club than Barcelona, which he loved and no one thought it was even possible. That club was Manchester City.

You don't think that unbelievable prestige and the huge following we would get, which would last for decades is worth it?

you do realize his age, right? 4 years ago you had a point of course. This time round, well it’s like Chelsea signing Thiago Silva or when we signed Lampard for a last hurrah. At that money we’d be nuts to sign a player of his age.

you do realize his age, right? 4 years ago you had a point of course. This time round, well it’s like Chelsea signing Thiago Silva or when we signed Lampard for a last hurrah. At that money we’d be nuts to sign a player of his age.

Im not claiming I know the ins and out of the financial details to sign Messi, but his age could be irrelevant. I don’t think we’d be signing messi for footballing reasons alone.

I know but Lampard was immense for that one season, if Messi comes for that one season it will be absolutely nuts whenever we play and wherever we go.
The publicity, the shirt sales, the media attention would be astronomical, it'll be insane.

The board hired a PR company called i3 ventures to create bot accounts on social media to attack Messi, his wife, and other people like Pique, Pep, Xavi who are seen as threats by the board.

And then they paid them €1 million, which an audit by PWC declared was 4x the value of the legitimate work they did, and then paid them in installments <€200k so that they didn't have to be publicly disclosed.

So when Messi says he feels like the board is leaking things to tarnish his standing with the fans, it's not paranoia.
Wow that is super fucked up. Was messi even aware of this back stabbing ? What was the end game?

Wow that is super fucked up. Was messi even aware of this back stabbing ? What was the end game?

Everyone became aware when a local paper found out about it and ran an expose.

@FCBarca will know more but the end game was basically staying in power. Bartomeu can't continue as president but he has a continuation candidate who will carry on running the club as he has and keep the same people around.

The biggest opposition faction is Joan Laporta, who is the man, along with Txiki, Omar Berrada and Soriano, who oversaw the creation of the modern Barcelona. Grew them into a commercial powerhouse, put Pep in charge, built his side.

Messi, Xavi and that whole group are all on Laporta's side politically, so (although this hasn't been publicly stated) the campaign was an attempt to undermine the standing among the fans, and presumably also make them hesitant to engage in the clubs politics because their families were getting targeted on social media.

If Messi does leave, I expect he will unload both barels at Bartomeu and this scandal will be top of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.