Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Yep.
2. No actual arguments? Ok, moving along,
3. Why do you think anyone here gives a flying fuck whether you're ok with it or not?

Nope.

The club wants to pay it.

Oh so he IS good then, seems like we're doing a little backtracking. Before he's old and declining, now he's good enough to lock out our youth players. Make up your mind.

36 goals and 7 assists in 34 games so far this season. I'd say it's all ok.

Irrelevant hear-say.

Plenty of people in this very thread disagree with you and think you're ignorant. If people want to say Lionel Messi, the best player in the game, isn't worth the money let them come and put a rational argument for their opinion on here. Certainly would be more than you've done.

News flash. Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus, Kevin De Bruyne, all of these players are blocking academy lads and none of them are Messi. Every single signing will do this.

If the academy lads are good enough they'll get in, if not then we buy players that are good enough.

I notice you didn't deny being a wum.

awww resulting to swearing are we now? Clown of the highest order.

2.) A few shirt sales for the club, whilst completely going against they way they've been signing players since the early years of our new owners?
3.) Swearing haha, pathetic little fool, if that's the only way of getting your reply out there I say stop. I have never cared for what people have said about me or my views, even more those who post on a internet forum. But here is one thing for you, it's my club as it is many others, and if its something I am not happy about, I will air my view on it.

Money could be used for much better alternatives, including possible younger players, plus I ACTUALLY said that a few years ago, when we were chucking money at players to join, I would of been OK with us doing this. I also never said he was declining, I put that he is getting older, and he would only come for the money nothing else, and be here for a short period of time. Never once criticized his football abilities.

You say Irrelevant hear-say? Just check social media, on here, chats on City between pals (that is of course that you are not a loaner)

Some people in this thread have said it would be a good idea to sign him, still not seen anyone say I am ignorant, only person is you.

Sorry, have to say Ronaldo is the better player compared to Messi but that is all about opinions.

And to say I haven't had a reasonable reason for a rational argument, well your more of a fool than I thought you are.

Your right, those players are doing this, and I know I am not the only one who'd love to see more and more Academy players in the 1st Eleven, rather than spending loads of money signing up players

I am not a WUM unfortunately for you, but again you didn't deny what I said originally about you.

Enjoy your day

I agree he's getting older and IMO he'll suffer more than Ronaldo from his slowing down but if available I'd go for it (hoping he'd adapt his game as required).

If we don't sign Messi are we definitely promoting a youth player? I'm not sure we would although I hope we do start bring more up. So I don't think that arguement works.

IMO it could benefit the academy if we sign Messi for mega-money.
1. It'll mean less money left for other signings (hopefully enough still for the defense though)
2. He'll help mentor other players as they come through, like Diaz, Foden, Roberts and Sancho
3. He'll create a buzz to motivate the young players further

If we didn't it be nice that we did, or certainly look at a home grown aspect like we did with Sterling.

Messi mega money is just too much and its killing off the game as we know it.
Ticket prices will go up no doubt go up, shirt prices will go up aswell, and the people who will feel the affect of that are fans like me and you.

I do agree with your other 2 points though, with regards to the academy team.

I agree he's getting older and IMO he'll suffer more than Ronaldo from his slowing down but if available I'd go for it (hoping he'd adapt his game as required).

If we don't sign Messi are we definitely promoting a youth player? I'm not sure we would although I hope we do start bring more up. So I don't think that arguement works.

IMO it could benefit the academy if we sign Messi for mega-money.
1. It'll mean less money left for other signings (hopefully enough still for the defense though)
2. He'll help mentor other players as they come through, like Diaz, Foden, Roberts and Sancho
3. He'll create a buzz to motivate the young players further

Why do you think Messi will suffer more than Ronaldo in losing pace? He's more technically gifted and a stronger passer of the ball. Maybe he'll have to improve his positional play but Messi doesn't rely on his pace IMO.

2.) A few shirt sales for the club, whilst completely going against they way they've been signing players since the early years of our new owners?
3.) Swearing haha, pathetic little fool, if that's the only way of getting your reply out there I say stop. I have never cared for what people have said about me or my views, even more those who post on a internet forum. But here is one thing for you, it's my club as it is many others, and if its something I am not happy about, I will air my view on it.

2. Shirt sales, sponsorship deals, general fanfare, trophies.
3. Your views are stupid. You keep ranting and raving about him being a mercenary with no evidence to back it up. Meanwhile, if becomes available to City, the club will sign him. I can only but imagine the meltdown that would ensue on your behalf.

Money could be used for much better alternatives, including possible younger players,

It couldn't be used for better players, there are no better players than Messi. Younger, yes. Better, no.

How signing Messi ties the club's hands on further signings financially, you have yet to demonstrate.

plus I ACTUALLY said that a few years ago,

You ACTUALLY don't need to randomly capitalise words, but you do that anyway.

when we were chucking money at players to join, I would of been OK with us doing this.

We still chuck money at players to join. Last summer, we chucked a club record.

I put that he is getting older,

Everyone is getting older. Not everyone is Lionel Messi.

and he would only come for the money nothing else,

It's widely reported that he would relish the opportunity to play under Pep Guardiola again, never mind the fact his best friend plays for the club too.

But let's say you're right. So what? No player is playing for City for anything other than money and nobody cares.

and be here for a short period of time.

How do you know that?

You say Irrelevant hear-say? Just check social media, on here, chats on City between pals (that is of course that you are not a loaner)

Sorry, let me make this clear, what you and your five (?) mates think about City signing Lionel Messi is irrelevant because:
1. It doesn't cover the broad consensus of City fans, of which there are numerous.
2. It ignores arguments in this very thread against you.
3. It doesn't change the fact the club would very much want to sign him.

Sorry, have to say Ronaldo is the better player compared to Messi but that is all about opinions.

You're wrong.

Know who else says you're wrong? Pep Guardiola.

And to say I haven't had a reasonable reason for a rational argument, well your more of a fool than I thought you are.

You don't. You harp on and on about Messi being a mercenary, despite the fact he's played only for one club his entire career. You go to pains to bring up his exorbitant cost, despite evidence being presented that the club want to absorb it and he recoups his money over time.

Anything else?

Your right, those players are doing this, and I know I am not the only one who'd love to see more and more Academy players in the 1st Eleven, rather than spending loads of money signing up players

Ok, that's fine then, but the club doesn't agree with you and will never agree with you.

I love our academy, but I love our Sane and Sterling more. I'd love Messi too if we got him. I'm sure most would agree.

Why do you think Messi will suffer more than Ronaldo in losing pace? He's more technically gifted and a stronger passer of the ball. Maybe he'll have to improve his positional play but Messi doesn't rely on his pace IMO.
I know most people believe that Ronaldo would suffer more from slowing down but I could see him playing in a deeper role like Yaya's or being a target man like Ibrawhateverovic. I think his physical presence gives him more options when the legs go. But I hope not to be honest.

I'm sure we only get the £15m from our kit deal or whatever it is a season and the shirt sales go to Nike, not us. So if I'm right the 'Messi will pay for himself' argument wouldn't work out, it'd just put more money in Nike's pocket. Same with how the rags were saying Pogba would pay for himself in shirt sales alone. But that money goes to Adidas, not United, who in turn give them a whopping £75m a season. The only thing this kind of signing would guarantee us is a huge new kit deal contract which we'll surely be aiming for regardless of a big statement signing. Plus I doubt Nike would give us even half as much as the money it would require to sign Messi considering he's the Adidas poster boy and has his own range of football boots.

Either way this signing will never happen.

I'm sure we only get the £15m from our kit deal or whatever it is a season and the shirt sales go to Nike, not us. So if I'm right the 'Messi will pay for himself' argument wouldn't work out, it'd just put more money in Nike's pocket. Same with how the rags were saying Pogba would pay for himself in shirt sales alone. But that money goes to Adidas, not United, who in turn give them a whopping £75m a season. The only thing this kind of signing would guarantee us is a huge new kit deal contract which we'll surely be aiming for regardless of a big statement signing. Plus I doubt Nike would give us even half as much as the money it would require to sign Messi considering he's the Adidas poster boy and has his own range of football boots.

Either way this signing will never happen.

surely your argument contradicts its self there mate? isn't that why nike would `pay towards the deal` as they would into get it back and then some??

2. He pays for himself? Give over
He pays for himself and the deals have been in place for 4 years to do that. He would cost around £180m to buy and that amortises at £36m a year over 5 years. Nike & Etihad were approached and they agreed to increase their sponsorship payments to cover that, Etihad by £25m and Nike by £12m. His basic wage is/was around £13m a year (the rest comes from commercial deals) and we had 3 new sponsors lined up at £5m a year each (with more queuing up to get involved).
3. Yeah its Lionel Messi, BUT if he was younger then yeah I would be ok with this......
He's younger than Silva, Toure, Fernandinho and Navas and just a year older than Aguero.

Why have this lovely Academy which blues brag about all the time when we aren't giving any a chance because of Messi.
Do we have another Messi close to breaking into the 1st team squad? Maybe Brahim in 2 or 3 years time but not currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.