Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
camp.jpg

The reconfiguration of the Nou Camp, (which will looks most impressive), is one big reason for Messi to stick around at Barca, but if that isn’t his thing, can I volunteer first to pick him up at Manchester Airport, before one of Sire Alex Ferguson’s minions does.

Pep doesn’t want him to leave Barca, has said it repeatedly. There’s no benefit to Pep for bringing Messi to City. Tarnish his relationship with Barca fans and If he doesn’t win everything at City with Messi he’ll be a failure, getting absolutely no credit for doing so. There’s too many parts to this move that wouldn’t make sense with the motives in play.

Worth getting this guy just to see the look on the face of a few precious pundits - a few people would seriously Sit up and listen if we signed Messi - of course the narrative would quickly move to he’s past it! Cant do it in England and City’s owners are ruining football. The hateful eight might even write to Santa Claus to complain.

Pep doesn’t want him to leave Barca, has said it repeatedly. There’s no benefit to Pep for bringing Messi to City. Tarnish his relationship with Barca fans and If he doesn’t win everything at City with Messi he’ll be a failure, getting absolutely no credit for doing so. There’s too many parts to this move that wouldn’t make sense with the motives in play.

I agree with this but the deciding factor is the player who, thus far, has always made his own decisions irrespective of influence. There are plenty of cules, regrettably, that hold a grudge with Pep for leaving but taking Messi might make an eventual homecoming pretty complicated

I do not know how it will play out but even a few years ago I was surprised that Leo remained considering the state of this board when previously linked to City. This time around? Results could be different

Messi wont leave Barca- why would he - last few years of his career and doesnt need to

Get him in. We can worry about the repercussions while savoring everyone else's salty tears. Plus that's a few titles sorted and he'll be a positive influence on our young Foden, Braaf, and, soon, Ferran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.