Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me, reading the past few pages on this thread. If Messi is on the table we go for him, end of conversation.

On a decline. No, thats the shit show around him.

He would piss on the prem.

Sorry mate, but I believe you’ve been taken onboard by media propaganda, although I do stand to be corrected by someone far more knowledgeable about football finance than me.

If you go though it step by step, it makes no sense.

Transfer cost....no chance less than £100 million (isn’t his buyout circa £250mill?) spread over a 3 year contract (would never be any longer offered at his age). So that’s £33 million per annum straight off the bat.

I am aware he can apparently leave for ‘free’ at the end of every season, but this is a moot point as his signing on fee, if this were the case, would no doubt be around the same amount, or wage increase by this amount over the term of his contract.

Considering Raiola picked up £41 million for Pogba, how much would his agent want? For argument’s sake, say it was the same, another £13 million per annum

Messi is reported to be on at least £500k a week base & I’m not even sure if that’s met or gross, so wages would cost at least £24 million per annum & that’s without an increase or any bonus.
Win bonus/game? Goal bonus? Trophy bonus? Who knows how much they would be?

So that’s an extra £70 million extra per annum cost being conservative. Do you really believe Messi would generate directly?

Doing the maths, I’m not sure how anyone can conclude that?

Would our tv revenue increase due to Messi? No

Would our prize money increase due to Messi?
No

Would our £65mill per annum for 10 year shirt deal with Puma increase? No

Even if we do get a percentage of sold shirts as a poster alluded to earlier in the thread of 15%, which I’m not sure is correct. If we do get a percentage, I’d suggest it’s more likely a percentage of shirts sold over a specific amount of units. So if Messi (one player alone so unlikely) doubled our shirt sales from circa 1 million to 2 million per annum & we get 15%, I’d guess that’s £9.75mill. Do you genuinely believe one player would double our shirt sales (unlikely to me)

Not sure how you think social media would create extra revenue directly?

So we still need to generate an extra £61,250,000 from commercial business which would be directly attributed to Messi

City’s commercial revenue last year was £261 million, so are you really expecting one player to increase commercial revenue by an extra £61 million per annum, which is a whopping 23% increase?

Not having it mate. In my humble opinion, it’s purely a myth peddled by the media who love organic growth, money earned blah blah blah bullshit to blow sunshine up their team’s arses & to justify the huge transfers by chosen few who are ‘allowed’ to spend big.

Oh & if you really believe United keep Pogba for the reason you mentioned........well, maybe have a think about all of the above & you might come to a completely different conclusion ;)

To summarise, I strongly believe the media chat shit & can’t be trusted, so please stop perpetuating their bullshit. Or as 2 of our more esteemed posters may put it, the media are wankstains &/or cunts ;)
The thing is we will surely go past QF of Champions league with messi. We are a QF club. There is much more chance we will win CL with him. Shirt sales and global branding will increase with messi though not sure how much. Ronaldo alone sold millions of shirts in his transfer to Real madrid. More people will come watch city. More commercial brands will be involved with us. May be Puma or Nike will help in the transfer.
Plus we will be having Messi arguably the best of all times. Anyways our owner will not care about money if messi is here with city.

Sorry mate, but I believe you’ve been taken onboard by media propaganda, although I do stand to be corrected by someone far more knowledgeable about football finance than me.

If you go though it step by step, it makes no sense.

Transfer cost....no chance less than £100 million (isn’t his buyout circa £250mill?) spread over a 3 year contract (would never be any longer offered at his age). So that’s £33 million per annum straight off the bat.

I am aware he can apparently leave for ‘free’ at the end of every season, but this is a moot point as his signing on fee, if this were the case, would no doubt be around the same amount, or wage increase by this amount over the term of his contract.

Considering Raiola picked up £41 million for Pogba, how much would his agent want? For argument’s sake, say it was the same, another £13 million per annum

Messi is reported to be on at least £500k a week base & I’m not even sure if that’s met or gross, so wages would cost at least £24 million per annum & that’s without an increase or any bonus.
Win bonus/game? Goal bonus? Trophy bonus? Who knows how much they would be?

So that’s an extra £70 million extra per annum cost being conservative. Do you really believe Messi would generate directly?

Doing the maths, I’m not sure how anyone can conclude that?

Would our tv revenue increase due to Messi? No

Would our prize money increase due to Messi?
No

Would our £65mill per annum for 10 year shirt deal with Puma increase? No

Even if we do get a percentage of sold shirts as a poster alluded to earlier in the thread of 15%, which I’m not sure is correct. If we do get a percentage, I’d suggest it’s more likely a percentage of shirts sold over a specific amount of units. So if Messi (one player alone so unlikely) doubled our shirt sales from circa 1 million to 2 million per annum & we get 15%, I’d guess that’s £9.75mill. Do you genuinely believe one player would double our shirt sales (unlikely to me)

Not sure how you think social media would create extra revenue directly?

So we still need to generate an extra £61,250,000 from commercial business which would be directly attributed to Messi

City’s commercial revenue last year was £261 million, so are you really expecting one player to increase commercial revenue by an extra £61 million per annum, which is a whopping 23% increase?

Not having it mate. In my humble opinion, it’s purely a myth peddled by the media who love organic growth, money earned blah blah blah bullshit to blow sunshine up their team’s arses & to justify the huge transfers by chosen few who are ‘allowed’ to spend big.

Oh & if you really believe United keep Pogba for the reason you mentioned........well, maybe have a think about all of the above & you might come to a completely different conclusion ;)

To summarise, I strongly believe the media chat shit & can’t be trusted, so please stop perpetuating their bullshit. Or as 2 of our more esteemed posters may put it, the media are wankstains &/or cunts ;)
You seem to know your figures :-) it seems the club do as well if the reports are true this morning. I'd take him in a heart beat, can understand you have finance issues with any deal but I think that will be best left to the club mate.

Last edited:
You seem to know your figures :-) it seems the club do as well if the reports are true this morning. I'd take him in a heart beat, can understand you have finance issues with any deal but I think that will be best left to the club mate.
Not sure I do know my figures, just used a wee bit of logic & thought process...

I certainly have no financial problem with any deal City do as it ain’t my money, so why would I give a shit?

I was replying directly to your post where you said Messi would pay for himself through ‘Merchandise, TV money, influence, social media. Its why utd stick with Pogba, he's a money making machine.’

He’s a wonderful player, but he really won’t pay for himself tho will he?

The thing is we will surely go past QF of Champions league with messi. We are a QF club. There is much more chance we will win CL with him. Shirt sales and global branding will increase with messi though not sure how much. Ronaldo alone sold millions of shirts in his transfer to Real madrid. More people will come watch city. More commercial brands will be involved with us. May be Puma or Nike will help in the transfer.
Plus we will be having Messi arguably the best of all times. Anyways our owner will not care about money if messi is here with city.
I didn’t say we can’t afford him, I said he doesn’t pay for himself. Big big difference mate

Not sure I do know my figures, just used a wee bit of logic & thought process...

I certainly have no financial problem with any deal City do as it ain’t my money, so why would I give a shit?

I was replying directly to your post where you said Messi would pay for himself through ‘Merchandise, TV money, influence, social media. Its why utd stick with Pogba, he's a money making machine.’

He’s a wonderful player, but he really won’t pay for himself tho will he?
I think you may underestimate social media and influence advertising these days. I'm not saying I agree with the way these deals get funded but they do. Pogba actually makes utd money and that's why they are offering him a new contract even though he's been a liability on the pitch.

Less than 48 hrs post debacle and the dust is still settling but early indications suggest Bartomeu intends to finish his mandate even if he moves elections up. Much like Pep, Xavi, Puyol et al did at one point they opted to leave the club on their own terms as players when a plateau had been reached

It is why I think it may indeed result in Messi seeking an exit for next summer - meaning an agreement could be in place by January with City the logical destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.