Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, he wants to stay, they want him but simply the numbers don't add up.

Also however good he is and he is a GOAT, at 34 the Premier league will be a tough ask and all that maybe for only one season, followed by a couple of years in the USA.
I think it would be tough for him but I think imo he's still a very good player and would not only benefit us on the pitch but commercially as well. Think of the attention it would bring to the club from his name alone.

i just don't get it ?

why barcelona let his contract run down and become a free agent after the fight they put up to keep him last season.
now if they want him its going to be costly and would be so many bonuses and add-ons barcelona can not afford
what did they (barcelona) get after that fight last season in keeping him ? copa del rey. wow

messi will rock up somewhere maybe in the USA or china ? i don't see manchester city in for him now because of the links to kane and grealish. but if a major sponsorship are willing to pay his wages or most of it. then add shirt sales and image rights it could be a option for city
what i get from all this: messi actually gave barca the go ahead and agreement to the renewal a few weeks ago, theyve had to rush negotiations in the last week or so since they werent making enough progress to sign it before the 30th june deadline, now barca have managed to finish the agreement but ffp regulations is stopping them from getting messis signature and annoucing it, they cant get messi to sign it without 100% knowing whether he will be allowed to play or not, and this is what laporta is sorting out as we speak

whether he manages to find a solution is the question

I like your thinking, let's blow them out the water

I think it would be tough for him but I think imo he's still a very good player and would not only benefit us on the pitch but commercially as well. Think of the attention it would bring to the club from his name alone.
He is a magnificent player, commercially with us I have my doubts, in the USA with New York he would be a licence to print money.

Barcelona president Joan Laporta is set to hold a meeting with La Liga chief Javier Tebas this morning as he seeks to find a resolution over Lionel Messi's contract extension.

I think we can expect a decision on this in the coming hours. Personally i i just don't see how they can afford to keep Messi.

La Liga will find a way. Losing him would hurt their brand too.

Maybe Messi knows they can’t afford him but this will allow him to leave without turning his back on Barca so to speak. Personally I think it over for him at Barca and he will be a City player after the copa tournament finishes. I might be wrong though just a hunch

what i get from all this: messi actually gave barca the go ahead and agreement to the renewal a few weeks ago, theyve had to rush negotiations in the last week or so since they werent making enough progress to sign it before the 30th june deadline, now barca have managed to finish the agreement but ffp regulations is stopping them from getting messis signature and annoucing it, they cant get messi to sign it without 100% knowing whether he will be allowed to play or not, and this is what laporta is sorting out as we speak

whether he manages to find a solution is the question
I would agree, and if it's true he wants to stay, so regardless of whether he can , we should stay clear.

If Messi had wanted to join another club he would have done so already. Clear as day.. He's not in secret discussions with anyone IMO because once again as with last season he knows exactly how this will play out in advance...

If Messi had wanted to join another club he would have done so already. Clear as day.. He's not in secret discussions with anyone IMO because once again as with last season he knows exactly how this will play out in advance...
yeah the only way he joins us or any other club is if barca tell him theyve tried every possible avenue and they cant afford it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.