Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand some of the people on this thread. If Messi had any genuine desire to leave Barcelona it would be done. At the end of the day they're the only team in the world that will go anywhere near his ridiculous wages so he'd rather stay there than push himself.

In the age of player power, Messi has more power than anyone, and he would certainly be gone by now if that was his wish.
He has gone, so that must be his wish :-)

That's why I said it's nowhere close to being done despite what Laporta says.

Messi can't say that he's 100% staying due to the fact that Barcelona doesn't know if they can sort this mess out. Basically, he's sitting back and waiting to see what happens. If they can't sort it out, he'll happily move on and join another club. His family will back his decision no matter what.

The problem Barcelona has is, I doubt that Messi will wait too long. He has to decide his future out pretty quickly. I'd imagine he wants to play in his first league game with whatever club it is.

Its actually another layer deeper than that.

Barcelona haven't been given their wage budget for this season yet. They only completed their accounts for last season a few days ago, those then need to go to La Liga who sit down and work out the budget.

Barcelona can't say they're going to resign him before they even know how much the budget will be and what they can afford to pay him - because hes definitely not getting whatever they agreed a few months back, they'll have to renegotiate.

tebas bottled this big time, but i guess its understandable, he needs messi for the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.